Yandex Go: what am I doing wrong?

All about Uzbekistan.
sah10406

Yandex Go: what am I doing wrong?

Post by sah10406 »

Just arrived in Tashkent, and trying to wrestle with the Yandex Go app.

App is downloaded fine. To do anything I need to connect my account to my (UK) phone number, but none of the SMS codes are arriving. Have tried so any times that it is telling me I have exceeded the limit and need try later.

I am also using an Uzbek eSim, data only, but I can't see that this would make any difference.

Or is it simply that I can only use the app with an Uzbekistan number?
0 x

sah10406

Re: Yandex Go: what am I doing wrong?

Post by sah10406 »

I have had this back from Yandex Go:

“Unfortunately, the SMS-code can't be received if you have the phone number of a country where Yandex Go service doesn't work. In this situation I can only suggest using a local number in order to request the code when you're in Uzbekistan.

Yandex Go Support Team”

I managed a workaround by creating an account at Yandex.com, using email only, declining to add my phone number. Then at the app I choose “Log in with Yandex”, log in with my email and password. It still then asks me to link my phone number, but somehow this time the SMS comes through.
0 x

tryptophan

Post by tryptophan »

I had the same issue, I never received any SMS on my EU phone number. I had to use the Uzbek phone number I got upon arrival at the airport. Had no issues receiving the code there.
0 x

reneeineastbay

Post by reneeineastbay »

Weird, im from the us and downloaded it fine in armenia. When i opened it in bukhara it already had me logged in with my credit card
0 x

Toby_27

Post by Toby_27 »

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:43 am
I have had this back from Yandex Go:

“Unfortunately, the SMS-code can't be received if you have the phone number of a country where Yandex Go service doesn't work. In this situation I can only suggest using a local number in order to request the code when you're in Uzbekistan.

Yandex Go Support Team”

I managed a workaround by creating an account at Yandex.com, using email only, declining to add my phone number. Then at the app I choose “Log in with Yandex”, log in with my email and password. It still then asks me to link my phone number, but somehow this time the SMS comes through.
I was having the same problem, but this work around worked for me too. Somehow text comes through to a UK number if you’ve made an account with email on yandex.com
0 x