Using a Drone in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
JChase85

Using a Drone in Uzbekistan

Post by JChase85 »

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask if anyone has had any luck using a drone in Uzbekistan, from the travel advisory I saw this:

1. Due to the increasing demand of tourism of foreign tourists and representatives of foreign media and for the purpose of developing inbound tourism Resolution No. 658 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated 11/15/2022 "On additional measures to regulate the use of unmanned aerial vehicles in the Republic of Uzbekistan" establishes the procedure for granting permission for the temporary import, storage, and utilization of unmanned aerial vehicles by foreign creative groups to produce photo and video materials showcasing the tourism potential of Uzbekistan. These permits are issued by the Civil Aviation Agency under the Ministry of Transport upon the request of the Ministry for Tourism Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan (email: [email protected]).

2. The simplified process for obtaining these permits involves a foreign citizen to submit an official application to the Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Heritage of Uzbekistan or submitting application to the electronic platform of the "Uzaviation" Agency to obtain permission for the temporary import and usage of UAVs within Uzbekistan’s territory. Currently, the Information System "Unified Interdepartmental electronic platform for the submission and approval of applications from ministries and departments for the temporary import and use of unmanned aerial vehicles by foreign creative companies in the territory of the republic " is operating in test mode and aims to introduce users to its functionalities.

I've tried to search up Uzaviation but not much drone advice. I've emailed the address and am still waiting onthe response. If anyone has experience, please let me know!
1 x

4134sho

Re: Using a Drone in Uzbekistan

Post by 4134sho »

Is the Email replyed you? How is the rule of useing a drone in Uzbekistan? Thanks for your time:)
0 x

JChase85

Re: Using a Drone in Uzbekistan

Post by JChase85 »

This was the reply:

[email protected]
Fri, Apr 26, 9:40 PM (9 days ago)
to me

In accordance with the procedure established by paragraph 3 of the
resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan №
658 of November 15, 2022, the Committee is instructed to submit an
application to the Civil Aviation Agency under the Ministry of Transport
for temporary import, storage and use of drones on the territory of the
Republic of Uzbekistan for foreign creative groups to prepare photos and
videos about the tourist potential of our country.

Taking into account that the Committee is not authorized to issue
appropriate permits for import, storage and use of drone on the
territory of our country, We consider it advisable to apply to the
diplomatic missions of Uzbekistan in abroad (your country) or to the
Civil Aviation Agency under the Ministry of Transport of Republic of
Uzbekistan.

At the same time, in order to widely promote the tourism potential of
Uzbekistan in abroad, the drone sources of Samarkand, Bukhara, Khorezm
regions and Tashkent city formed by the Committee are submitted as
reference sources for use in the service.
Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... _LTHhvA6oM

I also tried to register on the application and it doesn't allow me to make any kind of drone application.
1 x