Borders closed for tourists?

All about Uzbekistan.
ReadyToGo

Borders closed for tourists?

Post by ReadyToGo »

Hello,

everything ready to go to Uzbekistan for holidays in early December. also flight tickets!

However I have read today that the borders are going to be closed from 25th of November. Is that correct? No way to enter the country?

What can I do?

Lesson learned: do not buy flight tickets before having your visa :roll:
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Borders closed for tourists?

Post by steven »

That does seem to be correct. You can still try to apply for your visa, different embassies often have different rules. But I think chances are low. Hope you can still get a refund. Uzbekistan has been difficult this year with lots of border closures.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

puravida

Post by puravida »

We got our 30-days tourist visas for Uzbekistan last tuesday at the embassy in Dushanbe with these dates 15.11.2016-14.12.2016
We asked if there were any implications for tourists during the 2/3 weeks around the elections, such as border closures. The answer was "Not at all".

We don't know if everything is fine now that we have the visa and if we could be sure that we will travel the country without any authority preventing us from doing it. Any suggestions?

One of us, citizen of Costa Rica, got the LOI ready on October 25th. The other, Italian citizen, applied in Bishkek embassy on October 19th, to pick it up later in Dushanbe.
We also changed the dates that were previously written in our application forms when submitted to the agency/embassy, respectively starting date from 1.11 and 10.11 ahead to 15.11.

Niko&Nathy
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks! These border closures are always super-random.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D