Hiking near Almaty- formed groups

All things concerning hiking, skiing, horse riding, cycling,...
Forum rules
Looking for a hiking buddy? Please post your request in the travel sharing forums, not here. Thank you!
WorldWideWebster

Hiking near Almaty- formed groups

Post by WorldWideWebster »

Hi all and thanks guys again for the great site!

I am trying to whittle out my itinerary. I understand there's some decent hiking close to Almaty, and also apparently some hiking group of out there? I had read somewhere that often there were weekend trips led by students etc. I found two sites that might describe this, _eco-tourism.kz and _trekkingclub.kz to try to get an idea of how often this stuff runs during the summer and if it's possible to join up with others that are going. My email came back from ET with bad address and I haven't heard anything from TC. Anyone on the ground know anything about groups like this? The prices on ET at least seem doable for me, and if others go, it would be great to meet people, tourists or locals.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Hiking near Almaty- formed groups

Post by steven »

Hi WWW, glad to be of service! There isn't anything in Almaty like the Trekking Club in Bishkek afaik, but TC Kaz is a decent alternative, of course more expensive, like everything in KAzakhstan. Find more on them here: http://caravanistan.com/tour_operator/t ... azakhstan/, perhaps try filling in the form, might be a different address. But I know they are often in the mountains. There might be a Facebook group I am unaware of.

If you are here between mid-july til september, I often go for day hikes myself, you are welcome to join. (private message system is working again)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

halfremembered
Supporter
Supporter

Post by halfremembered »

Asya and Denis from Trekking Club KZ have been really helpful, and always respond very quickly. Perhaps they're off hiking somewhere at the moment, although try the email address below.

Also, this is a list of their future itineraries this summer: http://trekkingclub.kz/eng/index.php?mod=news&nid=84

[email protected]

Good luck!
0 x

Almatytour

Post by Almatytour »

Hello! We organize hiking, trekking events around Almaty, please feel free to contact me https://almatytour.kz/

[email protected]
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Nice website, Askhat!

1 thing I can recommend: add prices. People want to know the price before they write to you.

Good luck with the business, perhaps we will meet in Almaty!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D