Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
AndreasP

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by AndreasP »

Sorry for the late reply.

When the Ministry of Foreign Affairs asked us for the letter of invitation I uploaded a picture (jpeg, as always) with some text on it like "we don't have a LOI and want to explore the country in on our own in our campervan". Firuz once again did some magic, and one day later both of our visa requests got approved. I can't believe it, but I'm really happy now.

So while they ask for the LOI (at least sometimes) it may not be required (I guess it depends on the nationality of the passport or the mood of the officer or maybe it only got approved because of Firuz). Seems a bit random to me, good luck to everyone who tries to apply for it.
0 x

CentralAsiaAlex

Post by CentralAsiaAlex »

CentralAsiaAlex wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:57 am
I'm also having the same issue as above, with the following being requested: "Please attach a petition letter/verbal note from the travel company that invites you". This was after requests for a scanned passport and copies of travel information, similar to AndreasP.

Seems like this might be new? I couldn't find any mention of this previously being an issue. I'm a UK citizen and only intending to be in Tajikistan for a day so unsure whether to just give up or not!

(Would love to know why they like JPEGs so much...)
My e-visa has just been approved after I uploaded a screenshot of text explaining my trip. In particular, how I would not be part of a tour so could not obtain a letter of invitation.

I got a friend to translate this into Russian for me but English may work as well depending on who reviews it.
0 x

Toby_27

Post by Toby_27 »

CentralAsiaAlex wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:08 pm
CentralAsiaAlex wrote:
I'm also having the same issue as above, with the following being requested: "Please attach a petition letter/verbal note from the travel company that invites you". This was after requests for a scanned passport and copies of travel information, similar to AndreasP.

Seems like this might be new? I couldn't find any mention of this previously being an issue. I'm a UK citizen and only intending to be in Tajikistan for a day so unsure whether to just give up or not!

My e-visa has just been approved after I uploaded a screenshot of text explaining my trip. In particular, how I would not be part of a tour so could not obtain a letter of invitation.

I got a friend to translate this into Russian for me but English may work as well depending on who reviews it.
I tried uploading the description and explaining why i didnt have a LOI etc, but still been rejected again. Seems fairly random
0 x

phil.on.wheels

Post by phil.on.wheels »

Toby_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 am
CentralAsiaAlex wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:08 pm
CentralAsiaAlex wrote:

I tried uploading the description and explaining why i didnt have a LOI etc, but still been rejected again. Seems fairly random
In the same situation, I tried uploading a .jpg explaining no LOI, and my itinerary, and was rejected this morning. I have tried messaging Firuz on Whatsapp, but he hasn't replied. Anyone else have contact info of anyone that can help get a new application approved?

UK passport holder, applied for e-visa with GBAO permit, uploaded hotel booking in Panjakent, .jpg of planned Pamir highway itinerary.
0 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

My observations are, the more docs they ask for the more likely is to reject the application. And it largely depends which country are you citizen of. Eastern European and former Soviet countries seem to have the least problems getting e-visa.
0 x

phil.on.wheels

Post by phil.on.wheels »

I applied again last night with a LOI from Discover The Pamirs agency (fast response via WhatsApp, 30 USD via Wise).

The guys at Caravanistan had also put me in touch with Khudoguy after I sent an enquiry about visa support through the online form for custom tours on the website. He offered 100% approval for 70 USD. About 4h later, and I've got an eVisa with GBAO permit in my inbox. The LOI on its own might have been enough this time, but didn't want to do a third application. I didn't provide any bookings with the application, only passport scan and the LOI.

A note, I had to provide exact trip dates for the LOI. The visa is valid for three months from the start date on my LOI. If you want some flexibility, make sure to adjust your start date when you provide dates for your LOI.
2 x

litesport

Post by litesport »

Australian passport holder here, entering Tajikistan overland on my motorcycle. Applied for the evisa as I wanted to collect the GBAO permit. I was asked for more information including hotel bookings. I provided a daily itinerary and only one hotel booking for Dushanbe, made on booking.com.
I had a paragraph at the top of the itinerary stating that this was a rough itinerary and there are no other hotel bookings as I can’t be be certain I would be able to stick to this itinerary due to road and weather conditions. Copy and pasted this into google to translate into Russian and added that as well.
3 days later and it’s all approved.
0 x

fuad

Post by fuad »

litesport wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:58 pm
Australian passport holder here, entering Tajikistan overland on my motorcycle. Applied for the evisa as I wanted to collect the GBAO permit. I was asked for more information including hotel bookings. I provided a daily itinerary and only one hotel booking for Dushanbe, made on booking.com.
I had a paragraph at the top of the itinerary stating that this was a rough itinerary and there are no other hotel bookings as I can’t be be certain I would be able to stick to this itinerary due to road and weather conditions. Copy and pasted this into google to translate into Russian and added that as well.
3 days later and it’s all approved.
Why did you translate it into Russian? Why not English?
0 x

RidingABikeSomewhere

Post by RidingABikeSomewhere »

fuad wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 12:39 pm
Educated Tajiks are extremely proficient in Russian, but not necessarily in English. Tajik officialdom also tends to think of Russian as the international language: bureaucrats and police sometimes reply to foreigners in Russian, even if the foreigner is speaking Tajik and may not know Russian.
0 x

fuad

Post by fuad »

RidingABikeSomewhere wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:42 pm
fuad wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 12:39 pm
Educated Tajiks are extremely proficient in Russian, but not necessarily in English. Tajik officialdom also tends to think of Russian as the international language: bureaucrats and police sometimes reply to foreigners in Russian, even if the foreigner is speaking Tajik and may not know Russian.
Thanks for your reply. Understood. I will try too. But recently for e-Visa they ask for LOI. Probably I m the first Bangladeshi will going to apply:)
0 x