Tajikistan goes visa-free in 2022

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Nicolas_Arg

Re: Tajikistan goes visa-free in 2022

Post by Nicolas_Arg »

Nazrulo wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:07 am
Hello
If you are from Argentina you don't need a visa to travel to Tajikistan. Starting from Jan 1st 2022, Argentina is among the countries whose citizen are eligible for visa free travel to Tajikistan for 30days.
http://asiaplustj.info/ru/news/tajikist ... n-52-stran
Muchas gracias. Saludos
0 x

richapps

Post by richapps »

gabisk wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:13 am
Thanks you so much man. So if I understand you have to do it just one time, but in the first city that you cross on arrival ? And how much did you pay ? And you know if it's possible to extend ? One month is short. You know if you can Go out and re-enter as you wish?And for the protocol, I'm used to it, extending a visa in Iran, these are the 12 labors of Asterix.

For the evisa yes it's look be nice to have 45 days Instead of 30. But it's 50 euro against free. And many people seem to be waiting for a long week and still have nothing
With visa-free, you just mention it when crossing the border and you're good to go. For registration you have to do that within a few days (I don't remember the exact count) and either do it with your hotel or go to a location in the area you're staying. It maybe cost a total of about $25 USD including the photo which I had to do separately. Given the hassle, in the future I'll just pay the $50 for the e-visa since my time is worth it :)
0 x

Viatger360

Post by Viatger360 »

I checked comment on GBAO form Chritian, but back in Jan 2022, any aupdates? on the wbe site jsut said OVIR so basically in police yo get it for 50 som in 24h or the same day ?
0 x

cristiano

Post by cristiano »

Does anybody know if entering visa free a passport with 6 months of validity is still needed?
0 x

DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Hi there
Is registration for tourists still needed for Visa-free immigration? We have the problem, that we would like to immigrate at the border of Panjakent, will probably stay more than 10 days in the Fergana mountains and leave the country again at Panjakent border...
On https://www.consular.tj/visa-system-wit ... tries.aspx , we found the information, that registration is needed "only for employees of diplomatic services".
Is this information accurate? Did anybody skip the registration for the visa-free stay?
0 x

basilisco87

Post by basilisco87 »

Hello!
I'm trying to get things clear regarding the registration with the OVIR office.
We are staying just for 2 days and we hold an Italian passport, can we just enter visa free at the land border (Samarkand-Panjakent) and skip all the registration process since we will leave again in less than 10 days?
0 x

duffajfka

Post by duffajfka »

basilisco87 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:27 pm

We are staying just for 2 days and we hold an Italian passport, can we just enter visa free at the land border (Samarkand-Panjakent) and skip all the registration process since we will leave again in less than 10 days?
Exactly, you don't need any registration in that case. Just came back from Tajikistan after a week without any registration.
1 x

maya30

Post by maya30 »

Hi guys,

I'm planning on travelling to Tajikistan via the border crossing with Uzbekistan this July. My Passport (polish nationality) expires on December. Did anyone had an issue with land crossing, relying on visa-free entrance, with a passport that was due to expire in less than 6 months? hope it's okay to ask here since I didn't find any info anywhere else.
0 x

Mathilde_P

Post by Mathilde_P »

Hi everyone

I have a quick question regarding the visa free situation. I am a French national and will enter Tajikistan on 4 Sep via Dushanbe and will leave again on 11 Sep, so technically:
- I don't need a visa as i am staying less than 30 days
- I don't need OVIR registration as i am staying less than 10 days

My only issue is, I will be leaving Tajikistan by train and I don't have that train ticket yet, I will only be able to buy it once in country. So, technically, I have no proof that I will be leaving the country within 10 or 30 days (I do have a return ticket within30 days but it is from Uzbekistan...)

Do you think I'll be OK or will i have issues at immigration?

Any advice would be welcome!
0 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

Are you sure you need to present proof at all?
0 x