Trekking on Fann mountains

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Andrea Bergamo

Trekking on Fann mountains

Post by Andrea Bergamo »

Ciao everyone and congratulation for this nice forum. I'm a trekker from Italy, I knew Fann mountains from a Kazakistan's friend that I knew in Armenia last year. Next September (or end of August) I will go in Tajikistan for a trip on Fann mountains.I thik for 10 days. I want walk without guide, only with my backpack, my tent and my sleeping bag but if is anyone else thinking of doing the same hike....answer me!
I would like to ask many questions, unfortunately isn't easy from Italy find all informations. Next days I will share my idea here and ask you advice.
For now, thank you.
Andrea.
0 x

Andrea Bergamo

Re: Trekking on Fann mountains

Post by Andrea Bergamo »

First question...From Samarcanda to Shing, what's better way to get there? Is it possible to buy a Tagika?s sim card along the way?
Thank you.
0 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

Take a shared taxi from Panjakent Bazaar to Shing. The bus stop is marked on OsmAnd which is the app you should be using when venturing in this area as it is most accurate and up to date.
0 x

Andrea Bergamo

Post by Andrea Bergamo »

Thank you Kalpazan. If I understand you wrote the way from Shing to Panjakent...but from Samarcanda?
0 x

tr8lina

Post by tr8lina »

Hello Andrea, you can find several info on travel blogs.
These guys have very thorough articles, they hiked on the Fann by themselves: https://www.goingthewholehogg.com/indep ... -mountains
Also the adventure of Nicole has lot of useful info.
0 x