Post by Nazrulo »

cat_hag wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:24 am
Nazrulo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:01 am
diddylord wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:42 am
Hello
I am trying to arrange a Visa with GBAO permit for a trip to Tajikistan on April / may, I am a UK passport holder so it appears I don't qualify for visa free access ?

Unfortunately my E-visa application has just been rejected.
Does anyone know if there is any point attempting another application via the website?
I think it was rejected as the original photo of my passport that was uploaded they didn't like.

Is anyone aware of a Tajik travel agency who might be able to help get a visa?

I am planning on entering from Kyrgyzstan to explore the Pamir highway before returning to Kyrgyzstan again to fly home.

Many Thanks
Hello there
An alternative to an e-visa (even better) is visa-on-arrival if you are a UK passport holder. You don't need to fill out any application in advance (please note it is only available at the Dushanbe International Airport and not at any land border crossing point). It will take about 15-20 minutes to get your visa (45 days stay instead of 30 days under the visa-free entry). Most of our UK guests do the same. But you will have to arrange your GBAO permit yourself or an agent will arrange it in advance for you.

hope it helps
best regards
Nazrulo
Bartang & Sarez Tour
Hi Nazrulo, are you sure a visa on arrival is available for U.K. passports? Last year I had to get an eVisa; has this changed?
Here are the details. Please have a look at the direct experience of a few UK citizens who received the VOA at the Dushanbe International Airport (once again I would like to mention that it is the best alternative to an e-visa)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12265
0 x

travelinrhepink

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by travelinrhepink »

This doesn't help him because he is NOT flying into Dushanbe, he is crossing the border from Gyrgyzstan.

Not answering a question providing other info doesn't help anyone.

His only option since he is NOT flying into Dushanbe, is to resubmit the eVisa scan until their automated system accepts it, or contact a local travel agent who will contact their contact who will manually approve his scan and give him 60 days eVisa plus GBAO permit. The travel agent I used asked for $50. Since I was in kashgar, China, and all my attempts to subythe scan were rejected (every 2 days I was told to submit a scan regardless all the attempts of even having my passport scanned at a print store), I jumped at the assistance. Within 6hrs, my eVisa application was accepted and emailed to me.

For info on travel agent I used, scroll back a page or two. A lot of the info people seek was answered before. Wasted a lot of time repeating the same info multiple times
1 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

He said he was planning on entering from Kyrgyzstan. He was also planning on getting an eVisa. Plans change (especially given the status of the Tajik-Kyrgyz border), and an option was given.
0 x

diddylord

Post by diddylord »

Thank you all for the various replies.
I have reached out to Firuz and checked the documents I submitted previously.
The original passport photo was in the incorrect format, the second was in the correct .jpg however I will use the Whatsapp Trick before re-applying again.
I will post back here with the outcome when I know it.
Safe Travels all.
1 x

AndreasP

Post by AndreasP »

My wife and I applied for the e-visa because we wanted an easy way to get the GBAO permit and avoid having to register at a police station after a couple of days.

First we were asked to provide a proper scan of the passport (no photo).
Then we were asked to provide hotel bookings, itinerary, tickets, etc.
At this point I contacted Firuz to help us. He confirmed that we need to provide those documents.
I booked a hotel in Duschanbe and uploaded the booking confirmation to the visa application. I also uploaded a google maps screenshot with our route.
Now we got asked to provide a letter of invitation. Firuz can only create such a LOI of you book a tour with them.

Summary: Our visa requests will be denied and we have wasted 2x 50$ for the visa and 2x 50$ for Firuz's service.

Other people may be lucky to not get asked to provide so many documents but at least we were unlucky.
1 x

fuad

Post by fuad »

AndreasP wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:15 am
My wife and I applied for the e-visa because we wanted an easy way to get the GBAO permit and avoid having to register at a police station after a couple of days.

First we were asked to provide a proper scan of the passport (no photo).
Then we were asked to provide hotel bookings, itinerary, tickets, etc.
At this point I contacted Firuz to help us. He confirmed that we need to provide those documents.
I booked a hotel in Duschanbe and uploaded the booking confirmation to the visa application. I also uploaded a google maps screenshot with our route.
Now we got asked to provide a letter of invitation. Firuz can only create such a LOI of you book a tour with them.

Summary: Our visa requests will be denied and we have wasted 2x 50$ for the visa and 2x 50$ for Firuz's service.

Other people may be lucky to not get asked to provide so many documents but at least we were unlucky.
Hello AndreasP, Did you not applied directly though Tajikistan e-visa web portal? Could you please tell me why did you contacted to Firuz? I talked to Tajik embassy& also foreign ministry few days ago they confirmed me that NO LOI required. So I am really confused about your case. Could you please clarify your story?
0 x

jtbn

Post by jtbn »

Hello!

I am a British national who recently put in an eVisa application after reading the Caravanistan guide on it, in the hope of crossing the border from Samarkand to Panjakent as soon as it is approved (or moving on if it takes too long). Maybe going for VOA would have been a safer idea but hey... hindsight.

They responded within a few days requesting trip bookings (a cancellable hostel booking seems to have been enough) and a 'petition letter/verbal note from a local travel company' which I assume is akin to a letter of invitation. However I am an independent traveller and was hoping to enter without being on a tour, which both the guide and an Uzbek travel agency I spoke to suggest is not usually a problem.

Has anyone encountered this issue or has any other advice? I have contacted the embassies in London and Bishkek hoping they can push it through.

Many thanks
James
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

jtbn wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm

Has anyone encountered this issue or has any other advice? I have contacted the embassies in London and Bishkek hoping they can push it through.

The post immediately before yours discuss encountering the same issue...
0 x

CentralAsiaAlex

Post by CentralAsiaAlex »

I'm also having the same issue as above, with the following being requested: "Please attach a petition letter/verbal note from the travel company that invites you". This was after requests for a scanned passport and copies of travel information, similar to AndreasP.

Seems like this might be new? I couldn't find any mention of this previously being an issue. I'm a UK citizen and only intending to be in Tajikistan for a day so unsure whether to just give up or not!

(Would love to know why they like JPEGs so much...)
0 x

Toby_27

Post by Toby_27 »

Hi,

UK passport holder here having the same issue, been asked for booking confirmations and LOI. Also planning to cross in Tajikistan for a day or two from Samarkand- wondering if its worth it as don’t want to have to book hostels etc in advance

cheers
0 x