Turkmenistan re-opening Q&A

All about Turkmenistan
bulgarian_on_a_bike

Re: Turkmenistan re-opening Q&A

Post by bulgarian_on_a_bike »

Hello everyone,

I heard from a guy (IG: @arnout.v) that he managed to get a transit visa for Tukrmenistan in the Turkmenistan embassy in Yerevan, Armenia. He travels by bicycle, he just crossed Turkmenistan without issues. He got his visa in Iran, his words:

"Hi! I just crossed Turkmenistan without a guide or anything 🙂 I applied for the transit visa in Yerevan and they gave me 5 days. I asked if I could pick it up somewhere in Iran and it was possible in Teheran, Mashhad and I think even at the border. I picked it up in Mashhad and paid $55. At the border you also have to pay for a covid test and I think a tourist tax (total $47). They are strict on the medicines you are taking into the country. I left all my painkillers in Iran. Sleeping pills are also a problem I guess."

Has anybody tried to obtain a transit visa, too? Seems a no-brainer to me, given the cost of the tourist visas ...

Cheers -
- @bulgarian_on_a_bike
0 x

liberspirita

Post by liberspirita »

wow !?
0 x

gmanski

Post by gmanski »

Does anyone know a reliable agency to get the "letter of invite" + "visa" for Turkmenistan?
I just called the Turkmenistan embassy in Frankfurt (Germany) and they said if I have the loi, the visa is 100% guaranteed.
Furthermore they said it is still not possible to get just a transit visa, it has to be a tourist visa after all.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
gmanski
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

You need to book a tour. You can't just buy a LOI for Turkmenistan.
0 x

tmaruyama00b

Post by tmaruyama00b »

gmanski wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:49 pm
Does anyone know a reliable agency to get the "letter of invite" + "visa" for Turkmenistan?
Hello,
There's list of tourist agencies in web site of turkmen embassy in Japan.
https://japan.tmembassy.gov.tm/index.ph ... pplication
0 x

gmanski

Post by gmanski »

Thanks Milad & tmaruyama00b for your reply.
I searched the website of the Turkmen embassy, the web and this forum.
It seems like "Saada travel" is a good option...

Any recent experience with Saada or any other agency that is promising for issuing visa?

Cheers,
gmanski
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

Someone posted their experience with Saada a few months ago right here, did you read that?

viewtopic.php?p=46508#p46508
0 x

gmanski

Post by gmanski »

Hello Milad,

yes, I have seen this one, thank you!
0 x

Marco.au79

Post by Marco.au79 »

Along with several other travellers we managed to get a 5 days transit visa trough the Turkemenistan embassy in Armenia. While in Iran they strictly refuse to process such visas, in Yerevan the consul is extremely kind and helpful.

Application is smooth and easy. You need to set the exact dates and entry and exit points though.
The visa was approved in 3 weeks and weed could collect and pay for it in Mashhad. It costed 55 dollars (EU passport) plus 45 dollars for migration taxes and covid test (!). Total 100 dollars per person.

We crossed the country from Iran (Sarakhs border) to Uzbekistan (Farap border), partly by bicycle, partly by train. Everything was easy and smooth
4 x

pocha

Post by pocha »

Marco.au79 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:28 am
Along with several other travellers we managed to get a 5 days transit visa trough the Turkemenistan embassy in Armenia. While in Iran they strictly refuse to process such visas, in Yerevan the consul is extremely kind and helpful.

Application is smooth and easy. You need to set the exact dates and entry and exit points though.
The visa was approved in 3 weeks and weed could collect and pay for it in Mashhad. It costed 55 dollars (EU passport) plus 45 dollars for migration taxes and covid test (!). Total 100 dollars per person.

We crossed the country from Iran (Sarakhs border) to Uzbekistan (Farap border), partly by bicycle, partly by train. Everything was easy and smooth
Hi Marco, did you need to give proof of your own transport to obtain the transit visa. Like, to get Russia transit visa, the documents of your vehicle had to be provided. I am asking this to know if it is possible to obtain transit visa as a hitchhiker. Advance thanks.
0 x