Cheap flights to Central Asia

All about Turkmenistan
Neil McNeilface

Cheap flights to Central Asia

Post by Neil McNeilface »

Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions of cheap ways of flying to (anywhere in) Central Asia from Europe (specifically UK)?
Ashgabat flights seem expensive. I would be going to Uzbekistan and elsewhere as well as Turkmenistan.
0 x

rryb3

Re: Cheap flights to Central Asia

Post by rryb3 »

Perhaps a bit late to be of use, but Wizzair has flights from Abu Dhabi to much of Central Asia for ~£30-80 one-way. Getting from the UK to AUH can be done with Wizzair via many of their hubs in Europe (Rome, Vienna, Budapest etc.) for as low as £120 return, I did a combo of Ryanair and Wizzair to get from Edinburgh to AUH via Rome for £180 rtn.
0 x

sebhoff

Re: Cheap flights to Central Asia

Post by sebhoff »

It's also worth signing up to the Pegasus newsletter. Every few months, they seem to have a massive sale, and they have several destinations in the Stans. Next week, I'm flying from Dortmund to Osh - one-way for a basic price of 72€. I then added a piece of luggage, reserved a seat, ordered a sandwich, and topped it off with a 15€-charge which would theoretically allow me to cancel the flight for a full refund (apart from the 15€, of course) up until 12 hours before departure (because at the time of booking the flight I didn't really know whether I could travel in March 24). The total cost was 132.50€ (one-way). Not bad... ;-)
1 x