Entering Turkmenistan without flying

All about Turkmenistan
Kaz1983

Entering Turkmenistan without flying

Post by Kaz1983 »

I'm looking to cross over into Turkmenistan without having to fly or use shuttle buses. I'll explain.

The problem I have is using shuttle buses, the reason why is because I'm in a wheelchair and buses in general aren't always wheelchair accessible.

Right now ticket price to fly from Uzbekistan or Kazakhstan is very high and I can't afford for 2 adults to fly direct, it will probably cost more than the tour per person... flying is out the question, way too expensive.

I think my best option is driving over the border.

I can get into a car perfectly fine and my friend is able to drive the car. No issues there. Once in I can use taxi cabs, trains even if they aren't wheelchair accessible and also I then could domestic flights to move around.

Could anybody here help me?

Thanks Kaz
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Entering Turkmenistan without flying

Post by steven »

Yes that's not a problem, most people travel to Turkmenistan by crossing the border overland.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Travelgian

Re: Entering Turkmenistan without flying

Post by Travelgian »

In 2014 I entered Turkmenistan from Uzbekistan by train and then left the country at the border with Iran near Mashad. The only option was a 4-hour drive by car. Please confirm if you know you can enter Turkmenistan via land, it was closed until March.
0 x