Overland border crossing from Turkey

All about Iran
tokoloho

Re: Overland border crossing from Turkey

Post by tokoloho »

I asked TapPersia (we took them as agency for the evisa) last week, if both directions at the landborder are open for tourists. They said: "Yes, both directions are okay. There isn't any problem right now concerning the Turkey - Iran border."

I hope this information is right, we will travel to Iran in the middle/end of april. Our austrian government in Turkey did not answer my e-mail with the same question yet.
0 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

PetiteJeannette wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:49 pm
Hello
is there any hope that the land border between Iran > Turkey reopens for 3d parties travellers soon ?
best regards
Ben
It is open. I saw the story of a Dutch traveller on twitter last week, who crossed the border at Dogubeyazit. Seems MFAs of some European countries are not up-to-date with the info. I will be crossing it in end of March (hopefully). Just not sure about requirements, he said vaccine was only enough, other sources say you also need PCR. But will try without PCR.
tokoloho wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:57 am
I asked TapPersia (we took them as agency for the evisa) last week, if both directions at the landborder are open for tourists. They said: "Yes, both directions are okay. There isn't any problem right now concerning the Turkey - Iran border."

I hope this information is right, we will travel to Iran in the middle/end of april. Our austrian government in Turkey did not answer my e-mail with the same question yet.
Just crossed the border from Turkey to Iran 3 days ago with Austrian passport. No problem, but don't make the PCR in a private hospital. I had no QR code on it and they almost didn't let me pass... First on Turkish side long discussions because test was older than 48 hrs (although in consulate was told that is ok up to 72 hrs). Then on Iranian side they said ALL Turkish Corona tests have a QR... only mine had not. They said I can't pass with it and should wait. Then they said I should make PCR there and pay for it (I think he wanted like 10$ or so). After saying "yes", he went back to the "doctor room" and then the other guy said finally that it is not neccessary and my PCR is ok. So I could finally enter. So: PCR best max. 48hrs old and with QR... that will avoid any discussions.
1 x

tokoloho

Post by tokoloho »

Thanks a lot for these information!!
Do you travel with your own car?
0 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

tokoloho wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:08 pm
Thanks a lot for these information!!
Do you travel with your own car?
Nope, I am traveling with public transport (/taxi when no other mode of transport is available).
Enjoy Iran, you gonna love it ;-)
0 x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Hi there
To cross the border at Dogubeyazit from turkey to Iran do I need to have had finger prints taken for visa or is the evisa enough. Irish passport
Thank YOU
0 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

LisaB wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:02 pm
Hi there
To cross the border at Dogubeyazit from turkey to Iran do I need to have had finger prints taken for visa or is the evisa enough. Irish passport
Thank YOU
No, they don't take any fingerprints, but what's the point to worry about? What should they do with your fingerprints? :roll:
0 x