Dushanbe to Osh in late May

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
Francesca9

Dushanbe to Osh in late May

Post by Francesca9 »

Hi all

We (couple, early 30s, from the UK) are looking to travel the Pamir Highway for around 5-6 days with a 4WD and driver at the end of May, probably either starting 23rd or 30th May. We have some flexibility but we do need to do a fairly short itinerary due to remote work commitments either side of this (we'll need to get somewhere with Wifi before and after!). The good thing about the fairly short itinerary is that it should also lower costs a bit hopefully!

We haven't arranged a car or driver yet, but wanted to put feelers out for 1-3 potential travel partners to join us on the way and share costs etc. Give me a shout if you're interested.
0 x

Francesca9

Re: Dushanbe to Osh in late May

Post by Francesca9 »

Also, in case it's helpful - our travel insta here: [at]notesfromthenight.train (we don't update super often though to be honest...)
0 x

Rucka

Post by Rucka »

Hi Francesca
I am travelling in Central Asia now and will definitely need to get back from Dushanbe to Osh in the last week of May. A short 5 day trip also works well for me.
Have you got an idea of the price , or made contact with driver / jeep agency yet?

Ian...half oz/half british
0 x

Francesca9

Post by Francesca9 »

Hi Ian, sorry, I didn't realise I wouldn't get an email or notification when people replied!

I have made contact with one driver so far and am going to start contacting more now.

The price seems to vary wildly to be honest! I. Not sure if 5 days is feasible as well - everywhere seems to recommend 7.
0 x

Francesca9

Post by Francesca9 »

Hi, I've had three quotes now varying from $1300-1400. That doesn't include accommodation along the way, which is around $25-40pn (including dinner and breakfast).
0 x

bibilotka

Post by bibilotka »

Hello, Francesca! We saw your post on the Pamir highway forum. We're a traveling couple from Bulgaria and are very interested in sharing the Pamir highway adventure with you two! We will arrive in Dushanbe on May 26. Will that be OK to start on May 27 and did you already choose a driver?
0 x

Rucka

Post by Rucka »

$1400 split between 4 would be a fair price from what I've heard. 5 days is doable if you stick to the M41 and do not go via Wakhan Corridor and stay a night in Langar.
(With night stops in Darvos, Khorog, Murgob, Karakul, Osh)

Looks like there are relatively cheap flights from Dushanbe to Almaty then a short drive to Bishkek and another cheap flight to Osh.... $ 130 + $40 for each flight. + $15 for share taxi Almaty to Bishkek ( Korday border )
0 x

Francesca9

Post by Francesca9 »

General update for anyone interested: we're likely to leave somewhere between 18th - 22nd May. Our dates are slightly flexible, but we'd like to be in Kyrgyzstan by the end of the month ideally.

We have had a couple of quotes, $1300-1400 for 6 nights/7 days for car and driver - this does not include your own guesthouse accommodation and food, which is $25-40 a day. Drivers are from Kyrgyzstan, so can drive over the border and go all the way to Osh.

We would like to split the total cost for the car and driver between 4 people ideally.

Please get in touch if you're interested in joining!
0 x

Crescente joannon

Post by Crescente joannon »

Hi! I might be interest! Lets talk to see if we have the same plan!
0 x