China visa application information check

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
AMBFCHD

China visa application information check

Post by AMBFCHD »

Hello, fellow travellers,

I have applied for Chinese tourist visa, waiting for an appointment to hand in the required documents now. In the application form, I have not exactly told the truth in certain places. I haven't mentioned I worked in media and visited all the Central Asian countries, etc. The thing is, I am seriously considering visiting Xinjiang (haven't mentioned it in my itinerary). My question is, based on your knowledge and/or experience, how thoroughly do they check your visa, if you are stopped by the police or any other authorized person? In particular, I am concerned they could somehow find out about my previous occupation and trips while already having my visa approved and being physically in Xinjiang/other parts of China, which, I presume, could get me in trouble.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Mike
0 x

murg

Re: China visa application information check

Post by murg »

Hi Mike,

Fake Visa application information are Standard procedure If visiting Xingjang is planned.

Somewhere in the Forum there is a Thread reg. Fakes itineraries.

We entered overland from Sary Tash and left to Pakistan.
In the application we stated arrival & departure by Air via Bejing.

You have to provide a Hotel Reservation List (for Fake itinerary) with a Red stamp from some authorities.... So you need a Tour Operator in China.

That ist our experience - I cannot guarantee anything.

In my opinion China is an oppressive Police state.
I recommend Not going there at all.
Never experienced anything similar anywhere.

Any further questions- let me know!
0 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

AMBFCHD

Post by AMBFCHD »

murg wrote:Hi Mike,

Fake Visa application information are Standard procedure If visiting Xingjang is planned.

Somewhere in the Forum there is a Thread reg. Fakes itineraries.

We entered overland from Sary Tash and left to Pakistan.
In the application we stated arrival & departure by Air via Bejing.

You have to provide a Hotel Reservation List (for Fake itinerary) with a Red stamp from some authorities.... So you need a Tour Operator in China.

That ist our experience - I cannot guarantee anything.

In my opinion China is an oppressive Police state.
I recommend Not going there at all.
Never experienced anything similar anywhere.

Any further questions- let me know!
Thank you very much for your insight!

So if I understand it correctly, you did not have problem entering Xinjiang even though you haven't put it in your visa request itinerary? No questions asked?

How did the police checkpoint (or other types of) checks go? Have they just looked at your passport/visa and let you go or were there any questions/interrogation involved? That is the thing I am interested in since I am being paranoid they could SOMEHOW find out I have provided fake information about my occupation and previous trips in the application.

Also, did you need a special permit going south from Kashgar through Tashkorgan? If yes, how, when, where and for how much did you obtain it?

Thanks a lot for your time!
0 x

murg

Post by murg »

Hej,

To get an idea how China works you should ready this:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10212&p=28228#p28228

Regarding your questions

No one

... ever asked a Question regarding our occupation
... Mentioned that our Visa itinerary does Not mention Xingjang

How do Police Checks work... From a motorbikers Point of View:

Whenever you enter /leave a city there is a Checkpoint.
Few more, 2 between Border & Kashgar & 3 between Kashgar & Tashkurgan,in the Open Road.

They Look Like a toll booth. Officercer stops you, you have to enter the building besides the Road.
All Checkpoint: Hand over passport & phone. You are being photographed. Phone is scanned.
2 Checkpoints:complete luggage is x-rayed & manually searched.

I do not know If you can roam through Xingjang individually,but I doubt it. At least you will be followed by the cops, I guess.

Note that you are also photographed each time you checkninto a Hotel/Hostel.

Did I mention that this is a Police state?
Oh, and there are cameras for every lange, at each junction and in the Open Road...and I've Spoted some of them in Kashgar.
In Border Region you have to take Public Transport as a Backpacker. Copa are guarding every junction, villages are fenced.

Safe travelling!
1 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

Granite2018

Post by Granite2018 »

I provided an air ticket out of Beijing as my proof of onward travel, which I cancelled and then crossed from Kashgar to Kyrgyzstan. No questions asked. No idea how in-depth their research on travellers in Xinjaing is, but would suggest not taking any electronic devices that you ever used for anything related to your work, given all the scanning they do.
0 x