Visa on Arrival at IRAN

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
denimeffect

Visa on Arrival at IRAN

Post by denimeffect »

Hi together

We are Germans and we are heading to Iran (Teheran Airport) in November and want to get the Visa on Arrival for 14 days. Does anybody of you have been there recently and can support us with Information?

Do we need to have a Letter of Invitation (LOI) incl. a 6-digit code? Or is it enough to have a Hotel Reservation or a local contact?

'Unfortunately' we are travelling, so we can't go to an embassy for a regular visa.

Would be great if somebody could help us.

Cheers, denim
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Visa on Arrival at IRAN

Post by steven »

I understand what I missed here: It did not say yet on the Iran visa page that you do not need the loi for the voa (it does now). You don't.

Check what it says at http://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/ - here is another recent report: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic ... -Iran.html
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

MurielGB

Post by MurielGB »

Hello !

I will go to Iran for 15 days at the end of October.
I plan to do a visa on arrival.

If I understood well, no need of authorization code for visa on arrival right ?

What I need is :
- passport
- pictures with head covered
- travel insurance
- itinerary
- return plane ticket
Is it enough ?

I will first visit a friend (from couchsurfing) in Tehran when I arrive. Is it OK if I provide his name and adress or do I necessary need a hotel booking ?

Regarding the itinerary, I have no clue so I plan to write this:
18-21 October: Tehran
21-25 October: Shiraz
25-26 October: Perspepolis
26-28 October: Isfahan
28 October - 1st November : Tehran.
Is it ok ?

For the travel insurance, do you have any tips ?

Thanks a lot !!

Muriel
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Muriel, I think that's enough. There is a small percentage of people that get rejected, but I think you are adequately prepared. Your nickname implies you might be from Britain...you know about the restrictions for British people, right?

For travel insurance, people have been known to get a fake copy. No one checks too deeply into things. You can also just give the name of a hotel if you feel uncomfortable giving the cs'ers address, nobody checks AFAIK.
0 x

MurielGB

Post by MurielGB »

Hi Steven !!

Thank you for your answer !! I am glad you replied because at "Perse voyage" they said that I couldn’t get visa on arrival without the authorization code. Thanks for confirming that I don't need it. I believe they said that is was mandatory either because they are less aware than you are in Caravanistan website or because they wanted me to pay ;)

I am not from Britain but from France (glad that my english seems "real" ahah !!). So is there any restrictions for French people as well ?

Do you have any idea why some people are getting rejected when they arrive ? So that I don't make the same mistakes...!

Best,

Muriel
0 x

MurielGB

Post by MurielGB »

Oh and I forgot something.

About the money, is it OK if I bring euros and not dollars or it's better if I have dollars ?
I heard that I can't use my credit card in Iran, either for ATM nor for paying. Is that true ?
Should I demonstrate to the authority that I can afford my trip in order to get the visa ?

Thanks !!!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Yes, take all of your money in advance. I would say dollars are preferred but euros are also fine.
0 x

MurielGB

Post by MurielGB »

Great, thanks !
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

You simply pay EUR 30-80 (euro is the Default currency but the daily equivalent in Dollars also works) on arrival and get it. No additional documentation necessary (although of course, if you have a return ticket, it could be good to have a print-out just in case).

This is the case whatever anyone else says - all you Need is the Money for the fee.

In fact, if Perse Voyage actually told you otherwise, they are ripping you off. Many agencies do this on purpose

Heck, don't take my word for it, check out the IATA database yourselves (the "Bible of Airlines" when it Comes to travel documentation) http://www.staralliance.com/EN/services ... nd-health/

It will come back as:

"Holders of normal passports traveling as tourist can obtain
a visa on arrival, for a max. stay of 15 days if:
- arriving at Gheshm Island (GSM), Kish Island (KIH),
Mashhad (MHD), Esfahan (IFN), Shiraz (SYZ), Tabriz (TBZ) and
Tehran Imam Khomeini (IKA); and
- paying a fee of between EUR 30.- and EUR 80.-.

NOTE: This info applies to both Germans and French
1 x

denimeffect

Post by denimeffect »

That's the best & most proofable information we got for days ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH Crazydre & Steven - you guys made our day ;) :roll:
1 x