Iranianvisa.com - anyone else have problems

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iranianvisa.com - anyone else have problems

Post by steven »

Look for a better agency, a million people have done it before. Cannot imagine they are suddenly all saying this.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

julesmimi

Post by julesmimi »

Just wanted to chime in here:

We applied to iranianvisa.com back in May-ish, hoping to go to Iran in August.

Long story short, they procrastinated and failed to communicate, and asked us to re-send things... when we finally approached Tourin Zamin in July to start a new application, they informed us that independent travel in Iran is currently impossible for citizens of the UK, USA, Canada. See http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic- ... -Iran.html for more confirmation (since Feb 2014).

Iranianvisa.com were happy to take our money and are still emailing us requesting we re-send passport images etc. No chance of a refund.

Have to conclude that they are running a scam (even if they also do legitimate business).
0 x

Myers3000

Post by Myers3000 »

Wanted to share our experience.

We originally applied by IranianVisa. However, the next day we learned that UK, Canada, and USA citizens are no longer able to travel independently (all agencies we spoke to said this).

Therefore, we informed IranianVisa to cancel (we hadn't paid) and went through another travel agency. IranianVisa repeatedly asked for money (and made threats that we wouldn't be able to go to Iran) but we didn't comply.

The other travel agency sent through a visa number for collection in Istanbul. For my wife (Lithuanian) this worked fine. My visa was refused however because IranianVisa had sent my details on without complying with the new rules for UK/Canada/USA citizens.

My instinct is IranianVisa are good for countries that don't require anything special. But they're not on your side.

We have hopefully got this resolved now and I should be collecting the visa in Armenia soon.
0 x