Gbao permit

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
[email protected]

Gbao permit

Post by [email protected] »

Hi
It seems that theGBAO permit can no longer be delivered on line. I have been explained by thé ambassy, that it can be delivered only at Dushanbe or Bishkek.
This is an issue for me as I plan to enter in Tadjikistan from China by bike, and then to ride accross Pamir to end at Dushanbe.
Any hint to share?
What is thé risk in case I have no GBAO permit ?
Thks
Alain, from France
0 x

Overlander1976

Re: Gbao permit

Post by Overlander1976 »

Hello, I would apply for a visa online with GBAO even though as a French person you probably don't need a visa. At least that's how the Germans do it to make it easier to get approval. I don't know if it works.
0 x

Kasia

Post by Kasia »

I as a german traveller did it 2022 exactly as suggested:
applied online for a Tajik visum (even if I did not need it) including the GBAO permit.
It was granted within 3 weeks. At the checkpoints it worked without any problems or questions.

Safe travels!
Kasia
2 x

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Thks. But it seems that the rule has been changed. GBAO permit can no longer be delivered on line but only Tadj. Or at Bishkek, as I Washington told by thé ambassy. 😞
0 x

AreWeThereYet

Post by AreWeThereYet »

Surely I'm missing something, but what about the normal Tajikistan evisa? I've just started an application under the name of Alain Delon and it seems to be working. It wouldn't be the first time nor the last that a Central Asian embassy is making up rules.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Lots of people are having evisas be rejected in the past week.
0 x