Embassy report: Iran visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
b.b.

Re: Iran embassy Bishkek

Post by b.b. »

I am a young male British citizen travelling alone.

I applied for a registration number at Air Arabia. The fee was $50 USD non-refundable up-front. They did not take any trip details from me.

The staff are really lovely. They don't speak English.

After 10 days, they called me and said they were still waiting for a reply. After 30 days, they sent me an email saying my application was rejected.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

b.b. wrote:I am a young male British citizen travelling alone.
After 30 days, they sent me an email saying my application was rejected.
See here for explanation: http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2261
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

b.b.

Post by b.b. »

Ohhhhhh wow bad timing.
0 x

GiacomoLuppi

Post by GiacomoLuppi »

In Tuesday I brought all the papers (RN, copy of passport, copy of insurance, one picture, passport), and the receipt of the payment (50 € for Italy). On Friday afternoon I got the Visa. Wednesday was holiday, so they needed 2/3 days
1 x

TimL

Post by TimL »

Today I applied for a 30 day Iran tourist visa in Bischkek while using the E-visa procedure. At first the consul assistant said the E-visa procedure only works in your own country of residence and not in other embassies. I wanted to get a confirmation from the consul and waited. They made some phone calls and told me the E-visa procedure is possible if the Iran MFA approved it. So I could apply for 30 day visa without having to buy a LOI which is good news. For my application I still have to give a copy of my passport and a copy of my insurance. I can collect my visa tomorrow in the afternoon. So applying for a Iranian visa is also getting much easier outside of your country of residence.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks Tim. Can you please confirm you got the visa?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

TimL

Post by TimL »

Hi Steven, yes I received my visa yesterday. Can't complain about the whole process.
1 x

Diekis

Post by Diekis »

Hello all, this is my experience: I applied beginning of September. I went to Parsia travel agency. The woman there speaks broken English. Cost (in euro, seems Iran works with that hard currency): 65 (Spain) + 15 (LOI electronic system) + 10 (agency fee). They take your passport. No need of proof of travel insurance. I had some stamps of Israel. After a week they sent me an email, communicating that visa is ready. No need to go to the embassy, the agency takes care of everything. In general, very easy, a breeze!
0 x

mathewperry

Post by mathewperry »

b.b. wrote:I am a young male British citizen travelling alone.

I applied for a registration number at Air Arabia. The fee was $50 USD non-refundable up-front. They did not take any trip details from me.

The staff are really lovely. They don't speak English.

After 10 days, they called me and said they were still waiting for a reply. After 30 days, they sent me an email saying my application was rejected.
So sad Bro.
0 x

imdumas

Post by imdumas »

Hello,

Do you know where is exactly the Parsia travel agency? Google Maps doesn't find it, I even try to search Sovietskaya 166 and nothing...

Thank you!
0 x