Iranian visa during election time

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
TomasS

Iranian visa during election time

Post by TomasS »

I am going to start in the beginning of april my half year overland trip Tehran-Beijing. I hope I will have got visas for Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan until that time, becouse it should be no problem for me to do it in Vienna during march (I am from Slovak republic). I think it will be better and safer than to apply on road.

But i have become concerned regarding my Iranian visas, because of presidential election scheduled on 19.5.2017. Do you think it could be problem to get 30 days visas on arrival on Tehran airport a than one extension? My Turk+Uzb visas will be date specific, so any rejection would make very damage to my plans, but i cannot see any other possibillity....

I know it is a little bit speculative question, but someone has maybe some hint...thanks for your opinions
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iranian visa during election time

Post by steven »

It is a good question, I did not know about the Iran elections. I would say, maybe. I know last elections lots of people could not get a visa. Iran is more open towards travelers now, but I can imagine they will reject visas again during elections. I will keep an eye on this topic.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

TomasS

Post by TomasS »

I know informations from past, there is even recent death of former modernist president, so i have changed my plans a little, just to be cautious. I will come 5.4. ( i did not want sooner because of busy Nowruz),so 30 days airport visa should be no problem. And I will have Turkmen visa from 18.5., so i hope this will convince iranian authorities that i do not want to sneak during their election:) And they will give me extension till this date. I will keep you informed, as well as i can provide some trek itineraries from iranian and tajik mountains then, if you are interested. (i have great informations from one czech guy). And last but not least, thanks for fantastic website, that comes the biggest part of my informations from.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thank you Tomas!

Please keep us informed. I would love to get my hands on some good trekking info, please send it over if you have it!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D