Visas for Uzbekistan - Turkmenistan - Iran on the road

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Pubung

Re: Visas for Uzbekistan - Turkmenistan - Iran on the road

Post by Pubung »

Hello, I am in Bishkek at the moment, willing to get an iranian visa. I read in the comments above that if I get the LOI here from Parsia Travel they will ask for a copy of the travel insurrance. Is it really necessary to have a travel insurrance? Without one I can't get the LOI? This requirement is valid just with this particular travel agency or the same rules apply for others as well?
Thanks
0 x

Wickychicky

Post by Wickychicky »

Embassy Report Update on Uzbek Consulate in Bangkok, as promised.

The 2012 comments are still valid.
Don't be fooled by their website saying it costs 50 USD for a 15 day visa.
It's that plus a hefty admin fee plus a terrible exchange rate, which you are obliged to use. We paid 2,500 BHT (=77 USD) each for 15 days tourist visa (German & British passports).

The simplified visa process for certain nationalities, where no LOI is required works well, but despite their sign being typed in bold that the visas are ready after 2 days, it's not true. More like 4 or 5 working days, so don't make your timetable too tight if you are in a hurry.

Most importantly, the updated opening times:
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 0900 - 1200 AND 1500 - 1700
Wednesday: 0900 - 1200 ONLY
Thursday: 1500 - 1700 ONLY

Forms are available in the reception office or from the security guard if you go there when they are shut.
0 x

stahlmann

Post by stahlmann »

Pubung wrote:Hello, I am in Bishkek at the moment, willing to get an iranian visa. I read in the comments above that if I get the LOI here from Parsia Travel they will ask for a copy of the travel insurrance. Is it really necessary to have a travel insurrance? Without one I can't get the LOI? This requirement is valid just with this particular travel agency or the same rules apply for others as well?
Thanks
<<

Parsia Travel did not ask me for a travel insurance, but the Iran embassy in Bishkek asked for proof of insurance. So when you receive the LOI (which is actually just a number code sent by e-mail) you just need to prepare the insurance for the embassy...
0 x