Embassy report: Nagorno-Karabakh in Yerevan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Nagorno-Karabakh in Yerevan

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports and questions on the embassy of Nagorno-Karabakh in Yerevan below.

We summarize all info in the NKR visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

tatterdemalion

Embassy report: Nagorno-Karabakh in Yerevan

Post by tatterdemalion »

Just a quick note

I got my visa today in 20 minutes but was told that usually it takes a day. Only reason they would do it on the spot was that it was Friday. 3000 dram still.
0 x

isac

Post by isac »

Also a quick note on my side:
I went to the Yerevan embassy yesterday around 11am. filled out the forum and I was told to go back at 4.
I asked 4 times to the lady if I could get it on a separate paper, and the last time I asked she just nodded her head. When I want back I saw that the visa was sticked inside my passport.
For me no big deal since I was already in Azerbaijan and I have no plan to go back.

The guy at my hostel (reading out from the karabah embassy website) said you can just get a visa also at the border, but I can't grant for it.

Hope this help.
2 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

You can't get the visa at the border, but you can enter without a visa, get the visa at the Ministry of foreign affairs in Stepanakert and show it when leaving, which is what most people do.
1 x

Oaklee91

Post by Oaklee91 »

May I ask, if you get your Artsakh Visa in Yerevan and sticked on your passport, at border crossing, do they give you extra entry and exit stamps? :D
0 x

olmo

Post by olmo »

Oaklee91 wrote:May I ask, if you get your Artsakh Visa in Yerevan and sticked on your passport, at border crossing, do they give you extra entry and exit stamps? :D
Do you *want* stamps? I'm quite sure that if you ask nicely, they'd be happy and proud to put any stamps they have in your passport :) The usual case however, not wanting any evidence of an Artsakh visit in your passport, is quite easy: just ask for the loose visa sticker and they won't leave any signs of your visit ...
0 x

vosta

Post by vosta »

New report on Karabakh visa:
We just got our visa right at the border for free. We weren’t sure so we visited the embassy and were told that since May 2019 visas are given for free at the border.
3 x

tonic

Post by tonic »

yes, same experience confirmed by my friend just few days ago - everything is process on the border
1 x

DaSwede

Post by DaSwede »

In July of 2019, we got a visa free of charge at the Lachin border post. The processing took 15 minutes and we were given a loose sticker, which we could attach into the passport, if we wanted to. (Doing so will force you to get a new passport before entering Azerbaijan, however, so it might be better to keep it separate…)

Nowadays, the road across the Sotk pass in the North is paved and we understand that the mashrutkas travel this way from Armenia to Nagorno-Karabagh now, instead of over Goris, to save a bit more than an hour. This road is very scenic and we surrendered a document at the checkpoint, which we were given when we were granted our visas in Lachin.
1 x

Myosotis

Post by Myosotis »

Hi dear friends.
Does anyone have news of Nagorno-Karabach visa and possibilities to visit by land ?
0 x