If you enter Kyrgyzstan on an E-visa, are you allowed to leave from any border?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Globusa

If you enter Kyrgyzstan on an E-visa, are you allowed to leave from any border?

Post by Globusa »

Hello, first time poster, sorry if I fail to follow any rules, I will try to catch up quickly.
So, we have a party of five guys with Bulgarian passports planing to do the Pamir highway this August, so, we, annoyingly - need an e-visa for both Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Apparently, we have to do the highway from Osh to Dushanbe, because Kyrgyzstan only allows e-visas from the airports and Kazakhstan, while Tajikistan allows it everywhere. My question is, if we get both e-visas, then enter Kyrgizstan from the main Kazakhstan crossing, fly to Osh and proceed with the Pamir highway (as is the current plan) will there be any bureaucratic problems at the Pamir border, for example Kyrgizstan not alowing us to leave the country from a different point of our entrance or something, or Tajikistan suddenly finding a problem with the e-visa or the Gorno-Badakhshan-special permit or something?
Thank you for your answers.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: If you enter Kyrgizstan on an E-visa, are you allowed to leave anywhere?

Post by steven »

Hi globusa,

I think the rule only applies to entering Kyrgyzstan. You can exit wherever you want - at least, I have not read any restrictions on that, so you should be fine.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D