Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Abu Dhabi & Dubai UAE

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Ado

Uzbekistan visa in Dubai - Report

Post by Ado »

March 2014 - Consulate of Uzbekistan in Dubai locates in the "embassies area", about 500m from Bur Juman metro station. Taxi drivers know the area. Next to consulate of Libya and right in front of the Lebanon Consulate. Currently open Mo, Th and Saturday from 9 to 12.
Gets quite busy, so better to come early.
With LOI, tourist visa took 2 hours. Cost 315 dirhams.
Staff speak English. If you are polite they tend to reply the same way.
0 x

funkyboots

Embassy Report - Uzbek Consulate in Dubai

Post by funkyboots »

Irish passport - called in advance and was told LoI was not required, then called again and was told it was required, got it in 9 working days from Stantours for US$70.
Embassy easy to find near Bur Juman metro stop, in embassy area. Open 9-12 Sun, Tues, Thurs. Turned up at 8.55, was in at 9, handed over LoI, completed application form (which Stantours had typed up and emailed to me), 2 passport pics and 315 dirhams (US $86). Visa was in passport 40 mins later.
0 x

seysearles

Re: Embassy Report - Uzbek Consulate in Dubai

Post by seysearles »

Hopefully this is useful info to anyone else in our situation....

We don't live in a country with a Uzbek embassy so we arranged for a friend in Dubai to apply for the visas on our behalf. I called the Uzbek embassy beforehand to make sure this was possible. The guy I spoke to on the phone was pretty unfriendly. At first I asked him if i could post the passports in and he basically told me not to be an idiot. I then asked him if it was possible to submit the application by proxy and after some loud screaming in an indecipherable language on the other end of the phone i was told "ok fine". So we DHL'ed our passports to Dubai and had a friend take them in on our behalf. When he arrived there (the poor bugger) he messaged us telling us that my letter of invitation wasn't on the system. After 30 mins of confusion somehow this was no longer an issue any more. However we were now being told that they could take mine but they couldn't take my girlfriend's (she's french) because she didn't have a letter of invitation (despite the fact that she doesn't require one) and that she would need to come in person to sign the forms. When we asked them how she was supposed to do that when they had her passport they conceded that perhaps that didn't make sense and they would see what could be done. We were then told to come back on Sunday (it was Thursday) and we would have an answer as to whether or not it was possible. So we sat out 3 days. On Sunday when our friend went back both passports were ready for collection with the fresh Uzbek vises in them and no explanation as to what all the fuss on Thursday was all about. I get the feeling they like to be alarmist for the sake of it and if you push it you can generally make it happen. We are now in the process of applying for Turkmenistan transit visa by email through the Turkmen embassy in Abu Dhabi. I am sure another interesting story awaits. I will keep you all posted!
1 x

ecodes

Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Abu Dhabi & Dubai UAE

Post by ecodes »

I am American but currently live in Qatar. There is no Uzbek embassy in Qatar so I went to the United Arab Emirates in order to apply for the visa. I showed up at the Uzbek Embassy in Abu Dhabi on Thursday May 3 and there was a sign on the gate saying that visa services were suspended for the foreseeable future. I rang the bell and talked to the gentleman working there. He told me they were out of the stickers they place in your passport so were unable to issue visas so I would need to go to the consulate in Dubai. He checked the status of my visa application online from his cell phone and confirmed that my visa had already been approved. He also called his colleague in Dubai, explained the situation, and told him I would be coming on Saturday to get my visa.

In Dubai, I went to the Uzbek consular office around 9:30am (they open at 9am) on Saturday May 5. I brought with me my passport, a Letter of Invitation from our tour operator, an employment verification letter from my employer, two printed copies of my online visa application, 2 passport photos, and enough local cash currency to pay for my double entry visa (there aren't any ATMs super close by). The whole set up is a bit disorganized, but you submit your documents at the window on the right. Then after they process your documents, they'll call your name, you pay your fee in cash in local currency, and then get your passport with visa back at the window on the left. The whole process in Dubai took about 45 minutes. I recommend arriving early because the line was quite long by the time I left at 10:15am.
1 x