Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Boco

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Boco »

Just an update: I submitted a photo using the size guidelines and everything went through seamlessly. (Make sure to follow all the other advice.) Apple laptop. Digital photos cropped so that the head takes up almost all of the space. I used a gmail address and the email I received went to my spam folder.
1 x

intercat

Post by intercat »

Hello, and thanks for condensing all this excellent info!

I too am running into a brick wall with the e-visa. As far as I can tell, I finally wrangled my photos to the correct specs and have no visible problems, but am getting the "Error while saving request" after inputting the captcha. I've seen this problem before in this thread, but I'm not sure if anyone has posted possible causes or solutions. I'm hoping to go this Sunday from Kyrgyzstan, so very frustrating! (I know, of course, it's my own fault for not starting the process sooner, and it won't be the end of the world if I have to dawdle in Kyrgyzstan, but still frustrating.)

if it's relevant: I'm an American currently in Kazakhstan and using Chrome browser on a Chromebook.

Thank you for any suggestions!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Please do let us know if you manage to solve the problem!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

intercat

Post by intercat »

Hi, just wanted to drop a quick update in case it helps anyone else!

I could not, in the end, ever get the evisa site to work, always throwing the same error when saving (never getting to payment page) no matter what I tried. And time-wise, it was to the point where I was going to have to give up instead of keep trying.

So I decided to gamble on a third-party agency, http://www.ivisa.com, which after some googling seemed legit, at least enough to try. It cost $20 USD (on top of the $20 for the evisa), which is annoying since it's $20 I shouldn't have had to pay if the website weren't so wonky, but also not exorbitant. The process was very simple, basically the same as on the regular website, same photo restrictions, etc. The standard processing was five days, and there were options for three day expedited (another $20) and I think one or two days; I did the standard five-day, ended up getting it no problem in two or three days via email.

So I figured it might be an option for anyone else who is at the end of their rope fighting with the official website and is willing to spend another $20.

(I don't know if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but hey, up-to-date info is always good.)

Happy travels!
2 x

nielba

Post by nielba »

according to the Italian gov official website since the 1st February 2019 to enter Uzbekistan isn't required any type of visa anymore, 30 days and registration within 3 days..

and it applies to Italy and other 45 countries..
0 x

codedindeed

Post by codedindeed »

Tried several times today to make payment only for the site to be written under construction.
I waited for some hours and site came back to normal this time it has all the different payment
options for visa, master card, etc.
I have made the payment and my account has been debited but I have still not received payment
email. Anyone encountered such? thanks
1 x

iskander78

Post by iskander78 »

A few hours ago I completed e-visa application without problem, following all advice and instructions given in this forum (mexican passport). Account activation link worked and payment page also (visa credit card). I did not receive a payment confirmation email but tracking application status appears as a payment completed. I hope to get my e-visa in a few days. Good luck and greetings!
1 x

intokyo

Post by intokyo »

As had been announced, from March 15 2019 double and multiple entry e-visas became available. Was able to apply for double entry one without problem.
:mrgreen:
2 x

soussia

Post by soussia »

I will soon be traveling to Uzbekistan (flying into Tashkent), where I'm supposed to get a multiple entry visa on arrival (will be weaving in and out of Uzbekistan a few times, hence need multiple entry). Apparently, these multiple entry visas are a very new thing, and the Uzbekistan Embassy in the country where I am currently says they have never heard of a multiple entry visa (?). Therefore, I am going to get it in the Tashkent airport. I'll be joining a small tour group in Tashkent, and the tour company is arranging my LOI specifically for pick up at the airport. They swear I can get my visa at the airport. I'm still worried about two things:

1. What exactly do I need to show the airlines when flying out from my country of residence to prove to them that I am getting a visa on arrival? (I live in a country with very strict visa requirements, so they are very sensitive to this.)

2. There is an Uzbekistan embassy here (although as of a couple weeks ago, they were unaware of multiple entry visas), so what happens when I arrive in Tashkent, and they ask why I didn't get one before arriving?
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

1. Show them the LOI? Airport agents follow Timatic database, you can check what it says here: http://cms.olympicair.com/timatic/webdo ... yinfo.html

2. Yea, that is new to me. Before you could only get visa on arrival if you did not have an embassy in your country. New rules, someone needs to try it first.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D