5-day visa free transit for air passengers in Uzbekistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: 5-day visa free transit for air passengers in Uzbekistan

Post by steven »

Here is the best info I have seen so far: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5157&start=200#p19451

In TIMATIC, put Uzbekistan as the TRANSIT Country (NOT the Destination), and you'll get:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa): Nationals of [...] with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight with Uzbekistan Airways (HY) to a third country within 5 days.

So it'd appear only the ticket OUT of UZ has to be on UZbekistan Airways, not the ticket into UZ.

We will update accordingly.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

anioba05

Post by anioba05 »

Dear Admin,

Me and my wife will be transiting through Tashkent, arriving from Paris on Uzbekistan Airways on HY252 (7th march 2020, local time) and the connecting flight to India is also Uzbekistan Airways on Hy427 on 10th march at 0005hrs (local time)....... so we were hoping to get the 5-day free transit visa from Tashkent as both our flights are from Uzbek airways.........How do we apply for the free transit visa. We are both holding INDIA passports and based in Mumbai,India. Some forums say that we have to apply at the Uzbek embassy in my home country....can you verify this?
Kindly advise as we spoke to Air France and VFS as well, but none were clear about the rules.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

You will be visa-free for these 5 days as I understand it. So no need to go to the embassy, you will be stamped in at the airport.

https://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan/transit/
0 x

Reemers

Post by Reemers »

Hello all,

I’m trying to figure out how the 5 day visa free transit plays out in real life. I’m a US citizen and will be flying into Tashkent from Dubai. My ongoing flight is to Muscat, but it has a layover in Dubai. Will I be able to do the 5 day visa free transit given my flight departing Uzbekistan stops in the country I was in right before arriving there? Thanks so much!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Good question. That is a really confusing itinerary and it could be interpreted both ways, I think. Border police have been very lenient towards tourists pre-covid but now I don't know.

Would be good if you could get confirmation that it won't be an issue from someone at the Ministry of Tourism or something similar, and then to have their phone number on stand-by once you arrive at the border in case the border police interprets the rule the opposite way.
0 x