Chinese visa extension Xi'an

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Chinese visa extension Xi'an

Post by steven »

Xi'an visa extension reports are welcome here.

We summarize all extension reports at Chinese visa extensions.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Rupert

Chinese visa extension Xi'an

Post by Rupert »

The relevant Xi'an PSB is southwest of the old city walls at exit C1 of Taibainan Lu metro station. Foreigners should use the right-hand entrance and go up 2 floors. Staff speak adequate English.
To apply for an extension you need:
1. Passport
2. Copy of passport ID page, current Chinese visa and entry stamp
3. Itinerary for the remainder of your stay in China
4. Copy of hotel registration in Xi'an
5. An application form (which the PSB will give to you)
6. 160 RMB
7. Copy of credit card
Photocopying can be done on Floor 2.
All applicants have to have a digital photograph taken on Floor 2. The photographer will give you a piece of paper which you include with your application (which you hand in on Floor 3).

I applied on a Tuesday in September 2018. The PSB said that my passport would be ready to collect 7 working days after I lodged my application (which was Friday of the next week, as Monday was a national holiday). However, I rang the PSB on Friday (i.e. 3 working days after I lodged my application) and my extension was ready. Another tourist who applied at the same time as me reported that his application took a couple more days to process.
3 x

Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I should add that the Xi'an PSB appeared to be giving 30 day extensions. It didn't matter that my itinerary showed I needed less than that - I still got 30 days.
1 x

Tepezcu

Post by Tepezcu »

Same procedure as explained above in October '23. At the beginning, they told me:

- 30 days starting from the date of issue.
- Extended itinerary day by day.
- Copy of chinese credit card mandatory.

After some talking, they accepted my non chinese credit card, simple itinerary with 5 hotels and corresponding addresses, phones and places to visit, and I got 30 days starting from the expire date of the current visa. I could pay cash and it took 3 days.
1 x