Afghanistan Visa Report: Canberra Embassy, Australia

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Dylanvienet

Afghanistan Visa Report: Canberra Embassy, Australia

Post by Dylanvienet »

Hello,

I have decided to share my experience of obtaining my Afghanistan Visa at the Canberra embassy in Australia.

They do offer tourist visas for $120 AUD. I decided to take the urgent application for an extra $75 because I leave Australia on 27th of March and wanted to be sure I had it.

I mailed them:
- My valid passport
- Two passport sized photos
- A complete visa application form, which I obtained on their website
- I asked my guide in Afghanistan for an LOI in case, not sure if it's needed but had it if they needed it
- The guide also sent me a copy of his tourist agency licensed approved by the Afghan government which I sent just in case

Upon receiving my documents, they asked me to send an proof of my residence, so I emailed a copy of my drivers license which has my current address.

All of the embassy staff I dealt with were very professional, friendly and good at their jobs. I made the payment over the phone and my visa was processed in 48 hours, as I requested to urgent application. Apparently, it takes 10-15 business days to get a visa here.

The whole process took about 2 weeks all up, but can probably be done quicker as I forgot to request express post. Probably 1 week from when my passport arrived until the visa was approved.

Hope this information is useful!

Best Regards
Dylan Vienet,
3 x