Report: Tehran, Chinese VIsa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Tandemtotal

Re: Report: Tehran, Chinese VIsa

Post by Tandemtotal »

Hello,
That sounds like really great news for us. We would definitely go for die Chinese visa in Teheran if it is possible with 3 months validity.

Is there anyone who can confirm that it is possible at the moment to get the Chinese visa in Teheran? Anyone got the visa after application?

Cheers
Paul
0 x

chloic

Post by chloic »

Hello,
It is indeed possible to apply for a chinese visa in Tehran. It seems that you can apply for a 3 months visa starting immediately or for a 1 month visa with 1 month to enter the country (not possible to have a longer delay, they say that we must apply in another city then). But the procedure seems quite new and we had confusing and different information depending on the people who asked in the embassy.
We are thinking of applying for the 3 month visa in few weeks. We'll give you a feedback as soon as it is done.

Cheers
Chloe and Loic
1 x

Tandemtotal

Post by Tandemtotal »

Hello Chloe and Love,

Thank you for the update.
Do you know if a letter of no objection is needed for the application?

Just to be sure, three months means that we can enter China after two months and stay for one month?

Cheers,
Paul
0 x

Tandemtotal

Post by Tandemtotal »

We went to the Chinese embassy today. Unfortunately it is only possible to apply for a 30days visa with 1 month to enter...
We didn't applied because we are cyclists and need at least two months to enter.
2 x

Twoontwowheels

Post by Twoontwowheels »

Hi,
We had the same experience as tandemtotal.We asked at the door of the embassy and got the same 30day only answer. no discussion possible. We would have needed passport copy of first page,Iranian visum, photo, letter of no.objection from your own embassy (look for the.reports how to get them on caravanistan, e.g. German one is really fast and easy).
I forgotten to take a picture of the opening hours. Here are they as I remember:
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. 8:30-12:30 and 14:30-16:30. Thursday afternoon is for pick up only.
Good luck with it!
1 x

Kathi.Ihtak

Post by Kathi.Ihtak »

Heya,

I just arrived in Teheran and will continue my hitchhiking trip through pakistan to China. Now my big issue is how to get chinese visa. reading through a lot of information on embassy pages and blogs I think easiest is in Teheran. But still: Anyone ever tried in Islamabad to get Chinese Visa?

For Chinese Visa in Teheran>
Do you know if the old passport would have been needed? I read if your passport is issued after 1.1.2015 you need a copy of your old passport. Also, is a LOI needed and a detailed travel iternary?

I want to travel from Pakistan via the Karakorum Highway to China. Is it better not to mention that? Also, I already have Pakistani Visa in my passport. might that influence the issuing of Visa?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everybody :)
Kathi
0 x

xtadventures

Post by xtadventures »

Hey, here is our Visa report:

We are two Swiss passport holders and we went with our passports, the letter of no obligations (or recommendations, there are different names for it) from our embassy in Tehran (cost was 1'500'000 rial for two on one paper), the flight tickets, hotel voucher and the form (http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/lszj/b ... 742708.pdf) to the embassy. If you have visited Turkey, you need to give them an itinerary of your visied places and hotel names.

We did not say anything at the door, they just let us in and we gave everything to the lady at the counter. She explaned us that it is possible to get the visa valid for 3 months, single entry. No double entry or 6 month applications possible, without an extra letter of invitation by a China company.

You can either choose to have it express (two working days) or normal (4-5 working days).
The embassy is not open everyday, make sure you are there as early as possible because a lot of people have been waiting outside.

This was in April 2017

@Kati: We had a Pakistanvisa in our passports and there was no problem. Just make sure you have flight tickets (even if you dont fly) and a hotel voucher. Without it might be very difficult.

Cheers
Xenia & Tinu (http://www.xtadventuers.ch)
3 x

Kathi.Ihtak

Post by Kathi.Ihtak »

oh thanks a lot for the info.
one more question: in the form, what did you fill in at "information about the invitor in china"? (page3)
merci and have safe travels,
Kathi
0 x

Kathi.Ihtak

Post by Kathi.Ihtak »

short update for chinese visa in Iran, June 16th 2017

I needed as an Austrian citizen:
- Letter of obligation from my embassy (for Austria you can get in directly at the embassy within one day. i sent them an email one day before I went there and it definitely helped to make it faster as they already knew what i need. There were a lot of people at the austrian embassy, being there early makes sense)
- 2 passport pictures
- one copy of my passport (in A4)
- flight tickets ( I booked my flight tickets here: agent.ru you have about 10 days to pay for your flight tickets, if you dont pay, they expire. but the good thing is, they are valid for 10 days and when they want to check, if your flight ticket is real, it will be valid)
- hotel reservation ( I booked one at booking.com, there are several hotels, that don t need payment in advance and you get a valid reservation)
- the filled in form from the homepage (for inviter in china I gave the details of the hotel i booked, for the section travel plan i filled in some touristic trip, but very vague like: beijing 10 days, tianjin 10 days, beijing 10 days)

- they will ask you to pay 30usd at the bank opposite the embassy. you can only pay in usd!

applied on 16th of July, picked up my visa on 20th of July.
got 30days visa and 30 days to enter china. I wanted to enter later, but there was no chance they issue another visa. they said if i want to have a later issuing date i have to come later or do it in another city.

there were a lot of people at the embassy, but the security guide led me forward directly to the desk so that I didn t have to wait.

if you need a copy shop, there is one at the crossroad/corner from movahed danesh street and pasdaran avenue (3min walk from the embassy)

good luck all travels and take care :)
2 x

silviapalac

Post by silviapalac »

Hi travelers,
We visited Chinese embassy in Tehran this week and they say in Iran they only issue 30 days visa + 30 days to enter. (edit: 30 days to enter from the date of issuing visa).
They gave us no option to get more days to enter, they said we'd have to apply in other country.
Hope it helps,
Best regards!
1 x