Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September in the year (2023)

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
Ruby-Black

Re: Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September in the year (2023)

Post by Ruby-Black »

Joenah wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:53 am
Ausmax wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 pm
We are also planning to drive our vehicle through this China route in around May 2023, but from the other direction - Pakistan - China - Kyrgystan. We’ve been discussing with Drive China Tours http://www.drive-china.com/ who have been very helpful. China border is still closed due to ongoing Covid lockdowns so fingers crossed it reopens in 2023.

Hi Ausmax,
We are planning to do the same route from Pakistan to Kyrgystan through China in May (or june) 2023. So it would be nice to stay in touch if the border does open 😀
Joenah
Darn, if it had been a few months later I would have liked to meet up with you guys somewhere along the trail or to join you for parts. I'm going to be traveling up from South India, heading to Central Asia via Pakistan and China (via public transport). Wouldn't be in Pakistan till late August/early September though unfortunately.
0 x

Ruby-Black

Re: Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September in the year (2023)

Post by Ruby-Black »

Is anybody planning on doing the reverse of this trip, around late August/early September? I'm especially looking for someone to share travels with in Pakistan.
0 x

slyncho

Post by slyncho »

Hi everyone !

I am Alex, I am so glad I found this discussion as I am also planning a trip across Kyrgyzstan, China and Pakistan in September 2023. I would be super happy to join other travelers during my trip, meet travel buddies and share costs for Chinese operators for the border !

Do not hesitate to PM me :)
0 x

GaetanAndCelia

Post by GaetanAndCelia »

Hi everyone!

I am so glad I found the discussion.
My girlfriend and I are currently in Kirghizistan. We'll visit Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, too.
Our plan is to follow the same road as you do. The only thing is that we don't have a car. So we would be reeeally happy to join travelers and share the costs!
Our only problem is the Chinese visa. Did anyone succeed in getting it in Central Asia?

Cheers!
0 x

koala.overland

Post by koala.overland »

Hi everyone!
A little uptade: We are currently in Azerbaijan with our 4x4 camper and taking a plane back home to the Czech Republic to apply for Chinese visas. We are in contact with guys from Drive China and want to cross the border from Kyrgyzstan to China on the 16th of October. Since the border is closed from 31st of October it is one of the last possibilities to cross this year and get to Pakistan and further on this southeast route. Is there anyone who would like to join this border crossing and share the cost?
0 x

jacobv

Post by jacobv »

Hi Koala.overland, where do you see that October 31 is the last chance to cross the Khunjerab pass?
Everywhere online I read that it generally closes November 31.
I am planning on crossing it on November 3/4.
Thanks.

edit: I see now you mention Kyrgyzstan / China border, to my knowledge the border doesnt shut 31 October, where did you read that? Thanks
0 x