Yandex - blocked?

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
helivans

Yandex - blocked?

Post by helivans »

Hi,

So Yandex seems to be the tool that would really help us get around. Currently asking others / hotel reception / cafe staff to order for us.

Tried to download, and I can’t seem to get the right app.

My phone is UK, now with Uzbek SIM card. But it seems that my apple store setting doesn’t show Yandex go at all. There was a Russian language one, which I downloaded and tried to use, but I couldn’t get past the +7 phone number code to start that one off.

Found some articles online that Latvia and Estonia had blocked it, so my guess is that it’s blocked as a UK person using the apple store?

I didn’t download a VPN before I got here…

Any thing I could do ?

Thanks

Heledd
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Re: Yandex - blocked?

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

I have heard from multiple people that they cannot download Yandex Go (formerly Yandex Taxi) if they haven't already downloaded it before March 2022, likely as a result of the sanctions against Russia.

You can partially circumvent this by downloading and using the totally-not-Yandex "Yango Taxi" app available for both iOS and Android.
1 x

helivans

Post by helivans »

Brilliant - once again!

Thank you 😊
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I have not used Yango in Central Asia yet. Does it work as well as Yandex Taxi?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

All Yandex applications work fine. Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan. Could it be foreign tourists?
0 x

cpac

Post by cpac »

the solution may be to change country in your iPhone settings, because some apps are restricted for download by region.. Try Uzbekistan, or Kazakhstan if you’ve got any of those phone numbers/sim cards.. With KZ account you’ll definitely have access to Yandex maps, navi(same thing), or 2GIS KZ ! 2GIS is a very good maps for certain regions mostly CIS & UAE, and they work completely offline, but because it was designed and developed in Siberia, they are off the AppStore since last year
0 x

niko1

Post by niko1 »

Hi. Looks like Yango app is working in Uzbekistan but not in Armenia. I cant download Yandex Go in Europe.

Any info is it possible download Yango Go in this situation in Armenia?
0 x

kushio

Post by kushio »

You can get the Yandex Go APK here https://apkpure.com/ru/yandex-go-%E2%80 ... andex.taxi (only for android, sorry iPhone users)
Yandex Go works in many places, Georgia, Russia, Belarus, Serbia, Moldova (it is not available in Pridnestrovie / Transnistria), ...
1 x

Morbid_bice

Post by Morbid_bice »

I couldn’t download yandex taxi on my iPhone but I could download yandex maps and order taxi from the yandex maps app instead.
1 x

Treecle

Post by Treecle »

Hi. I have downloaded Yandex and Yango as I will be arriving in Kazakhstan tonight. But when I enter my UK mobile number I do not get the SMS code. I'm using esim for all my travelling so only have a UK number for SMS. Is there a way around this? Or do I just need to buy a local sim to allow it to register my account?
0 x