Vehicle insurance in Kyrgyzstan

Self-driving the Silk Road.
ASpeed

Vehicle insurance in Kyrgyzstan

Post by ASpeed »

We have just found out where to get vehicle insurance in Bishkek.

The insurance company is called KyrgyzInstrakk, located at 219. Chui Avenue, 2nd floor. The entrance is just down a little alley off Chui Avenue. A young gentleman called Arafat Ucenov, spoke enough English and was very helpful.

Interestingly, vehicle insurance is not common here. If/when there is an accident, both parties negotiate who is at fault, and this make take up several hours to come up wit an agreement, and decide how much to pay.
0 x

wakeyjamie

Kyrgyzstan Insurance - Purchase at Border?

Post by wakeyjamie »

Hiya Everyone,

We are currently travelling through Central Asia in our motorhome, we are really loving Kazakhstan at the moment. Pretty soon we will be leaving Kaz and entering Kyrg via the Karkara Valley. Is it possible to buy insurance at the border or would it be better / possible to buy it in Almaty before we leave.

Many thanks
Jamie
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kyrgyzstan Insurance - Purchase at Border?

Post by steven »

Best to buy it in Almaty if they will insure you for KG. You can find info about insurance per country on the driving pages https://caravanistan.com/transport/driving/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Breghuis

car insurance

Post by Breghuis »

Since February 2019 every cardriver must have a car insurance in Kirchyzistan.
We like to know on wich border passage from Kazachstan to Kyrchizistan you can buy a car Insurance?
Phillip
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: car insurance

Post by steven »

0 x

Lovetheworld

Re: car insurance

Post by Lovetheworld »

In iOverlander there is an insurance office in Bishkek. So you can use that if you don't get insurance at the border. But maybe not so useful if your not entering from there.
You can also get insurance in Osh if you come from different direction.
1 x

campingoncloudnine

Re: Vehicle insurance in Kyrgyzstan

Post by campingoncloudnine »

We went to Jubilee insurance in Bishkek (you can find it on the iOverlander app).

However, the insurance lady told us that an insurance is not obligated in Kyrgyzstan.

If you do want to get one, it's about 11 dollars for a month.
2 x

Mirmiru

Car insurance in Kyrgyzstan

Post by Mirmiru »

In May 2018, I could not find any place where to buy a car insurance on the border between Tajikistan (Kyzyl-Art) and Kyrgyzstan (Bordobo). In Osh, I found a branch of ATN Polis insurance company and got a 1 month insurance for 1,255 KGS (about 15 EUR).
1 x

chickerell

Post by chickerell »

Hi,

I see a couple of references about obligatory car insurance in Kyrgyzstan? To my knowledge no-one has car insurance....
When we are stopped by the police this is never something that comes up, but I guess my wife deals with it in her "kyrgyz" way!
Any foreigner is going to get "taxed" anyway and nobody will want to fill in the paperwork.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

0 x