Driving in Armenia Q&A

Self-driving the Silk Road.
steven
Admin
Admin

Driving in Armenia Q&A

Post by steven »

We welcome all your questions and reports about driving in Armenia below.

We curate all travel intelligence in our article on Driving in Armenia.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

vosta

Re: Driving in Armenia Q&A

Post by vosta »

Hi, we’ve just crossed Armenian border from Georgia and paid approx. 9500 drams for import tax and 10000 drams for 10 day insurance.
2 x

CB500

Post by CB500 »

Hey guys,

Crossposting this from the other thread.

You can organise insurance beforehand via the following website, which aggregates all the Armenian insurance companies:

https://aswa.am/

It avoids all the touts at the border and the potential for being ripped off (3,000 dram (5.50€?) for 14 days insurance for my motorcycle - third party).

That said, I can't 100%verify if it's legitimate, but they send insurance documents through, in Armenian, to your email address.

Also, I didn't have to pay any import tax. I went to the customs counter as directed by the customs agent, the guy asked me the value of my motorcycle ($800 usd~) then printed off the declaration and sent me on my way.

I suspect the import duties are dependent on vehicle value? There's zero verification, though - they don't look at the vehicle at all.
2 x

ET_

Post by ET_ »

Hey Team

Any recent updates about the quality of Sotk Pass? Hoping to drive it in early November but getting mixed reports on whether this will be possible

Cheers
0 x

malawi

Post by malawi »

Hi
on the website of Armenian Customs they write:

"Foreign individuals are entitled to temporarily import to the customs territory of the Customs Union personal vehicles registered in the territory of foreign states for the period of duration of their temporary stay on the given territory which should not exceed one year, being relieved of payment of customs fees."

http://www.petekamutner.am/Content.aspx ... alUseGoods

seems like should be no tax there...
2 x

Sanne

Fuel Tax Iran to Armenia

Post by Sanne »

Hello, does anybody have ACTUAL Information about paying a fuel tax entering Armenia from Iran? If we have to pay: Are there any differences between normal fuel and Diesel (gasoline?) Thanks for hints …
0 x

Sanne

Re: Fuel Tax Iran to Armenia

Post by Sanne »

Now I can give the answer myself: neither motorbikes nor the truck were subject to petrol tax. What for us was payable is a road use tax, which depends on the unladen weight and cc of the vehicle. You need a copy of your passport and vehicle registration certificate to enter Armenia. You can have these made there.
0 x

Letsrideabout

Post by Letsrideabout »

We just crossed the border with 2 motorcycles (GS1250, ATAS 1100 from Norway. The crossing took 30min. Customs toll ca. 1,5hrs and we had to pay for each bike 11.500 dram temporary import tax. The officers were very friendly and no problems at all.
0 x

GoldenPolyglot

Post by GoldenPolyglot »

Yeah I've read a lot about paying taxes and stuff which is weird because I didn't pay anything (I did have to go inside and get a customs form for my car which I later returned on my way out of Armenia). However, I am driving a car made in 2000 with Georgian plates.
CB500 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:02 pm
You can organise insurance beforehand via the following website, which aggregates all the Armenian insurance companies: https://aswa.am/
I read about insurance scams and decided to use this website. However, no one ever asked to see my proof of insurance.
0 x