M39 Samarkand Termez

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
LisaB

M39 Samarkand Termez

Post by LisaB »

Anyone know how long that takes and can you get transport for the full journey in one day
Thank YOU
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: M39 Samarkand Termez

Post by Milad »

As your question suggests that you don't have your own transport, I'd recommend to ditch the road and take the train, leaving Samarkand daily 23:43, arriving 09:32 the next day.
1 x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you ;-).. got any idea for the Termez Danau sariasiya route.. going to dushanbe from termez..
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

For Termez to Dushanbe you have two choices. The Denau route is straightforward, fast and more of the same. The other route is more interesting and far less travelled: https://caravanistan.com/border-crossin ... /#gulbahor

But it will take longer to cross by GUlbahor (you have a choice of a shared car or the train). Cars leave all the time, but trains not so much. And getting train tickets into Tajikistan is not so easy: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11013

If you have lots of time, taking the southern Tajikistan slow local train to Dushanbe is fun (if you like slow local trains): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWiWlReozI0
2 x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank YOU Christian77. The links were very interesting. I had asked about train termez dushanbe but was told not available. I can look in Samarkand when I am there a few days before..
0 x

jacoblab1

Post by jacoblab1 »

I took a shared car from Termez to Samarkand last year, it took about 6-7 hours if I remember correctly. The cost was 130,000 Uzbek som.

It's a pretty smooth ride the entire way - there's one checkpoint before you enter the Termez area, but it's nothing big.
0 x
My solo-travel blog: On The Way Around
Covers destinations such as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and more!