Travel tips thread - post yours!

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Remicarr

Re: Travel tips thread - post yours!

Post by Remicarr »

Some tips for travellers in Uzbekistan:

I went to the parkent solar furnace few weeks ago with my friend I'm travelling with. We took a taxi in front of the train station in Tachkent, and had to pay for a private car, as nobody but tourists goes there. Maybe there is some mashrutka but we don't know where, and they should stop at Parkent city, which is some kilometers before the solar furnace. We payed 200000 soums for going and back, directly to the solar furnace, and the driver waited for us 2 hours, the time we visited it. It seems to be the correct price, you can check it on yandex. The price of the visit with a guide is 50000 soums/person.

I also went to the Nurutau mountains from Samarkand. I took a train to Djizzakh, than I had to bargain with taxis to go to Sintab. Don't be fooled: the shared taxi station isn't in front of the bazar, but some kms away, in a place called Ostanovka Farish on Maps.me (ge0://8z4IF5N21f/Ostanovka_Farish
http://ge0.me/8z4IF5N21f/Ostanovka_Farish).
There, all the taxi drivers will jump on you, but stay calm and bargain, and try to find some locals from Sintab looking for people to go home. It should be less expensive than people from Djizzakh going there just for you, and easier to fill the car. The price for one seat in shared taxi is 30000 soums, keep aware of that, because taxi drivers agreed on overrated prices. Then it's a 2-3 hours ride to Sintab. Good luck!
2 x

hazelscott

Re: Travel tips thread - post yours!

Post by hazelscott »

6thumbs wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:21 pm
In China, about 50% of wifi networks are using the password 88888888 ( 8 times 8). If you try out 2 or 3 different networks in any given place, one will usually use this password.
Thank you for the tip, I had no idea. That's definitely useful.
0 x