Samarkand to Dushanbe on 11th November 2019

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
amritaroy2011

Samarkand to Dushanbe on 11th November 2019

Post by amritaroy2011 »

I am planning to travel from Samarkand to Dushanbe on 11th November. I was hoping I can get some guidance as far as my options go. I have been reading that there are trains available, though I cannot find a website that sells the tickets. I have also heard that I can take a shared taxi to the border and then walk from 1 km and then get another taxi from Penjikent to Dushanbe.

Can someone help me on specific details as far as the options go? Which stops do I need to go to to get the taxi? How much on average should I expect to pay? How does the 1 km walk look like between borders? Is there any option of changing money (from Uzbek som to Tajik som) at the border?

Thank you so much in advance for all your help.
0 x