Osh-Irkeshtam-Chinese border road open or closed?

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Iskandar

Osh-Irkeshtam-Chinese border road open or closed?

Post by Iskandar »

Some body know if this border is opening for foreingners? Also the tourist with kirgyz passport can not go to Uzbekistan crossing Tajikistan and Kazasktan? But for foreigner are not problems to cross?
0 x

Nicoloco

Re: Osh border

Post by Nicoloco »

Hi,
If your talking about the Irkeshtam pass, they closed it few days ago!
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

No, I am talking about Dostik, between Osh and Andinjan, in Uzbekistan. In central asia the situation is chenging every day, is dificult to know if for example is closed today, will be open next month. Also I didint know that Irkestan pass also is closed!!!
0 x

jezza59``

Post by jezza59`` »

Thanks for the info. Didn't realise Irkeshtam pass border crossing closed. Anyone know of border crossing open to get to Kashgar?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Torugart is open, but very expensive. Other Option is Kazakhstan - Khorgos.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

nagwon

Post by nagwon »

Do you have any more details on the closure of the Irkeshtam border pass from China to Kyrgyzstan? I was hoping to cross this border in the next few days. Have any foreigners been able to get through either on the bus or by private transportation? Any more information would be greatly appreciated.
0 x

Nicoloco

Post by Nicoloco »

They stopped the international bus from Kashgar to Osh 1 or 2 weeks ago (I'm not sure when, but I'm sure it's not running at the moment)
It was still possible to hitchhike until last week though, but since 2-3 days they don't let foreigners crossing anymore.

I'm just coming from Kashgar and the only choices are either by Torugart or Kazakhstan. But that was the infos of yesterday... It might open tomorrow, nobody knows...
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Some cyclists have managed to pass through the blockade in recent days.
0 x

jezza59``

Post by jezza59`` »

steven wrote:Torugart is open, but very expensive. Other Option is Kazakhstan - Khorgos.
Thanks Steven - do you know how much Torugart pass is to get across.?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Osh-Irkeshtam-Chinese border road open or closed?

Post by steven »

From http://caravanistan.com/border-crossing ... gart-pass/

All this means that you will need the help of a tour company and that it is going to cost you. 300 to 400$ is the going rate, but you can share it between your fellow passengers.
0 x