E-visa Azerbaijan Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: ASAN e-visa Azerbaijan

Post by Crazydre »

Went on the Tbilisi-Baku train on 4 April with the new e-visa. It was perfectly known to the Azeri border guards, however their portable passport readers were unable to scan my ID card, so they disappeared with it for half an hour (though to my extreme surprise, they barely seemed to bat an eyelid at me not holding a passport).

They then returned, took a picture of me with their laptop webcam and stamped the visa sheet just like the old one (top right corner)
1 x

Mati14

Post by Mati14 »

I just got my Azerbaijan e-visa in 3 hours from online application. An advise: you need 6 days to get it valid so I need to wait in Iran anyway before I will be able to get into Azerbaijan. If you are awaiting Turkmens decision for your transit visa, I think it is wise to make your Azeri one in advance (its just 23 USD). You will avoid waisting your time when you got rejected by Asghabat, and will be forced to take detour to Uzbekistan through the Caspian Sea.
0 x

dinozzaver

Post by dinozzaver »

Applied a month ago, got it in a day, $24, the system let you apply for the "go in" date min. 3 working days in advance.
No problems at all
0 x

Fiestje

Post by Fiestje »

2 Belgian citizens. We applied today for the e-visa, received it via mail after only a few hours. Very easy and straightforward.
We took a picture of our passport photo page with our camera, just make sure it's clear and small enough.
For 'residence address' we put the address of a random hostel in Baku we found on Booking.

We just think it's useful to mention to watch out for the difference between https://evisa.com.az/en/ en https://evisa.gov.az/en/
When you google 'Azerbaijan evisa' you first find the 'com' website, but that's a website managed by a travel group. We were very confused that we were obliged during the application process to book a hotel or another 'travel service' such as a walking tour in Baku and that the total price would be 70 USD. Then we found out we had to do the application on the official 'gov' website. They look quite similar.

Total cost is 24 dollar, 20 for the visa, 3 as service fee and 1 as bank fee.
2 x

Koen

Re: E-visa Azerbaijan Q&A

Post by Koen »

I will come from aktua with the ferry. I can use the e-visa on that crossing also?
And you can apply a month before, what is the validity date of the e-visa?
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Yes, the e-visa is valid on land borders as well as in the airport. So it is also valid in the port of Baku.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

semtox

Post by semtox »

Koen you can select exact date when visa validity period starts

I can add from my self if your first/last name or place of birth contain some non latin chars, form will blink in red and you must place latin version instead - it's good to look at MRZ in your passport (those chars and numbers at bottom of photo page) for corect version
0 x

Rioesmarex

Azerbaijan visas

Post by Rioesmarex »

FYI ..... we just got our e-visas on-line for Azerbaijan and the form was really simple and straightforward. Note: when you upload your passport photo page, you have to upload a j-peg image, not a PDF image.
The whole process took about 5 days
HOWEVER .... a word of warning. .... for some reason, when the visas come back as e-mail attachments, you CANNOT download them if you are using Mozilla Firefox as you browser. I.E. works and I don't know about others, but it about drove us nuts trying to download them until we tried another browser.
0 x

taimoorgunner

Post by taimoorgunner »

http://evisa.co.az
I applied for eVisa via this website and came to know afterwords that it was not official.
I received my visa via private company email named "someone"@pashatravel.az
Can anyone please tell me that it was not fake and this visa is also acceptable.
They also charged 55USD but actually it is 23USD
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Compare your e-visa with this example: https://www.ivisa.com/images/blog/azerb ... k-like.jpg
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D