Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Brussels

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Brussels

Post by steven »

Please post your questions and experiences with the Brussels embassy of Pakistan below.

We gather all travel intelligence in the Pakistan visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bert

Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Brussels

Post by bert »

At the beginning of June, we tried to apply for Pakistani visa at the embassy of Pakistan in Brussels.

We received a LOI through caravanistan. Together with all documents listed on the embassy website (copy passport, copy id, filled in application form, 3 passport photos), we went to the embassy.

At the embassy, we were told that we needed a NOC to enter Pakistan overland with our own car at the Taftan border crossing.

After some telephone discussions and an e-mail from the Caravanistan tour operator, the NOC was no longer required.

However, the embassy requires special permission from the Ministry of Interior (MOI), which could take up to 6-8 weeks to obtain.

According to the Caravanistan tour operator, this could take even longer. Also, the tour operator discouraged to fill in that we would arrive by plane since this information is shared with the border posts nowadays.

Today, we handed in our application and added some additional documents which would help according to the embassy (day to day travel itinerary, travel insurance proof, carnet de passage and papers of the car).

Now we can only wait to have the answer from the MOI. We will keep you updated.

The staff at the embassy was friendly.
2 x

bert

Post by bert »

We are six weeks later now and we have not received an answer.

We have very little hopes, as the tour agency said the Pakistani government will check with him if we booked a full tour with him, which we did not. And the process might easily take more than 2 months.

In short, as a Belgian overland through Pakistan, your best bet is the Pakistani embassy in Iran.

If flying in, the embassy in Brussels can/will issue the visa within a week as they confirmed.
1 x

Moondusted

Post by Moondusted »

Hi there,

Just wondering if you have an update?
Did you get a response in the end? Or did you go to the Teheran embassy and manage to get a visa there?

Really hoping to get a visa myself to enter Pakistan by motorcycle!

0 x

bert

Post by bert »

I changed my plans: after Iran, I went to Africa through United Arab Emirates and Saudi-Arabia.

I did not receive an anwwer but I did not chase them either.

Another Belgian got his visa jn January 2018 without issues for overland travel in Brussels.
2 x

NachoVdB

Post by NachoVdB »

Hi, I got my visa in the Brussels embassy. I am a Belgian cyclist travelling alone. I did not go to the embassy myself, but my girlfriend arranged it for me since I was already cycling through Europe and could leave my passport home (and travel by ID card).

I had filled in the application form, included an itinerary and had a LOI of a Pakistani friend, together with a copy of her ID card and prove of living in Islamabad. This was not sufficient. A LOI of an official tour agency, together with the proof that this agency is registered is necessary to get the visa. As soon as I could provide this they promised to give the visa right away, valid for entry in the next year.

Through my Pakistani friend I got such a LOI and when my girlfriend went back to the embassy I received a 45 days visa, with 1 year validity. So no time stress to get into Pakistan in time :).
2 x