Anyone tried Online Application for Tajikistan?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Adventure_in_blood

Anyone tried Online Application for Tajikistan?

Post by Adventure_in_blood »

Hello fellow adventurers,

How ya'll doing? Hope everyone is safely adventuring into awesome places.
Anyway, sometimes getting visas could be extremely complicated. Now I am facing this. I come from a country whose citizens are not eligible for e-visa to Tajikistan. My country is not in the list of 'Country of citizenship' on the E-visa website of Tajikistan. I was shocked and disappointed!! Then I started researching about how can I get a visa. Even a long and astronomical amount of research didn't help me understand things properly. I am utterly bewildered!!

Since I can't apply for E-visa, I contacted Tajik Embassy in Beijing, China and New Delhi, India. Two different embassies have given me two different info. The Embassy in New Delhi told me that I have to apply with an Invitation Letter. On the other hand, The Embassy in Beijing told me I don't need any invitation letter which made me a bit optimistic. And the Embassy in Beijing told me I just need to bring the application ID and my passport to them. Then I went to another website https://www.visa.gov.tj/index.html which is basically for online application, not for E-visa. This time I was able to select my country. But there is a section called 'Permit Data' which just confused me again. In that section there is a field "Address in Tajikistan (Address of the place where you will be staying)", this field is very understandable. But right after this field there are two other fields- "Full name of company/contact in Tajikistan" and "Address of your company/contact in Tajikistan". I am not sure what do they mean by these fields. I already put the address of where I am going to stay in this field ""Address in Tajikistan". Then what do they actually mean by the "Name of company/contact" and "Address of your company contact in Tajikistan". Now I have some questions.

1. Anyone tried this online application before? If yes, would you please share your experience?
2. What do they mean by those above mentioned fields?
3. Or shall I just put the name of my hotel/hostel's name in the field of 'Full name of company/contact in Tajikistan' and Hotel's address in the field of 'Address of your company/contact in Tajikistan'. Will it work?

It will be greatly appreciated if anyone help me in this matter. Thanks in advance :)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Anyone tried Online Application for Tajikistan?

Post by steven »

Hi,

we do not get a lot of people who are not eligible for e-visa. I don't know the answer, the new site you are using is pretty new. Please let us know how you solved the issue (or not), would be useful for future travellers.

S
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

sealion

Tajikistan e-visa websites

Post by sealion »

Hi all,

This is my first time traveling through Central Asia, coming from the US. I'm visiting a friend in Tajikistan and about 1 week ago I applied for an e-visa through this website:https://www.visa.gov.tj/. The website looked legit based on my perusal but it only accepted 5USD for the app, saying it would ask for the full visa fee when my visa is approved. Now that it's been more than a week, I was getting anxious since sources I've seen say it shouldn't take more than 1 week to process. And today I figured out that there's a separate website that does look quite more legit and in full function: https://www.evisa.tj/

At this point I am wonder if:

1) visa.gov.tj is a fake website, and I possibly gave away secure information about my passport? If yes, what should I do? I'm not concerned about the minimal fee I paid, but it does concern me that the website has my credit card info. The charge came thru as an "apostille.tj" which upon search indicates an official stamp from the TJ government.
2) If www.visa.gov.tj is real (I received a confirmation email for submitting my visa app that looked legit...), how long should I keep waiting for it to process? Should I just send in another app through www.evisa.tj?

Any help would be appreciated!
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Re: Tajikistan e-visa websites

Post by Julia »

Both sites are real.

www.evisa.tj is to get an e-visa.

www.visa.gov.tj is a new system, not connected with e-visa site.
This system gives you kind of pre-approval for a visa that you need to show at the consulate or air port to get a visa based on that approval.

Not sure how this new system works in details.

Maybe better go to www.evisa.tj and get an e-visa.

Hopefully, other travellers will share more experience.
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

There is the topic to answer your question
https://caravanistan.com/visa/tajikistan/#evisa
0 x

sealion

Post by sealion »

Thank you for clearing this up! I should have clicked on the exact links.
0 x

sealion

Post by sealion »

@ Caravanistan admin, thanks for all your work. Would it be possible to list the www.visa.gov.tj site also under the e-visa section and tell people to NOT use it? It's the first website that came up when I searched "Tajikistan visa online" and I certainly got confused. The clarification may help prevent others from my fate.

@Adventure, I hope you've found a way to get to Tajikistan by now! I've also tried the www.visa.gov.tj website first, and it's been more than a week but have yet to hear from it besides just a confirmation of payment.

I originally put in my reason of travel as tourism, and it also asked me for a hotel/hostel name and address, IN ADDITION to a name and address of a contact in Tajikistan. I was confused by this--doing both seems redundant and just contradictory. I got around this by putting my reason in as "private"--"visiting friends/family" as this is true for me, I am primarily going to visit a friend. The visiting friends/family option then allowed me to just put in the address and contact of a person, no additional request for info about a company.

However, I got frustrated and concerned after realizing that I wanted to apply for a e-visa instead, as I am not anywhere near an embassy. Fortunately I am eligible and am going for that option now. But if I end up hearing back from visa.gov.tj I will let you know.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

sealion wrote:@ Caravanistan admin, thanks for all your work. Would it be possible to list the http://www.visa.gov.tj site also under the e-visa section and tell people to NOT use it? It's the first website that came up when I searched "Tajikistan visa online" and I certainly got confused. The clarification may help prevent others from my fate.
I'll add it. The website is mentioned in another paragraph but I'll add it there as well to prevent confusion.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

safwan

Post by safwan »

I had good experience applying Tajik Embassy in Beijing in April 2019. It cost 150$ for express service(1 day delivery), 80$ for normal service (5-6 days delivery) for 14 days Visa. Need to apply at http://www.visa.gov.tj then take the confirmation number to Embassy. No need LOI. In online application, you can add your passport scan copy in LOI field if you do not have any LOI.
1 x