Buying train tickets in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
piperbob

Re: Possible to buy tickets on Uzbek Railways Website?

Post by piperbob »

Hello! We are trying to register to buy tickets online for trains next week. However, we are encountering the same activation email issue. I have tried 3 gmail accounts, an outlook account, and even a yahoo account with no success. Were there any special tricks or methods to obtain the email in your spam?

Thanks everyone!
0 x

piperbob

Post by piperbob »

Update. I received the activation email after creating a brand new gmail account. Weird. Maybe the system recognizes that I am in Kyrgyzstan when I created the account/
0 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

Does anyone know how far in advance tickets go on sale via the official website? I'm interested in purchasing 1 ticket for train 761 ( https://eticket.uzrailway.uz/timetable/ ... =761%D0%A4 ) to travel from Bukhara to Samarkand in July. However, the website won't show me dates beyond March 18, 2019 (roughly 6 weeks out).

If its only 6 weeks (or whatever duration that is less than ~5 months), that's fine, I just want to confirm that I'm not missing some obvious way to purchase today.

thanks!
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

The old usual Soviet timeframe in which you can buy tickets in advance is 45 days, which would be roughly 6 weeks. For some trains, it might be 60 or even 90 days nowadays (although I do not know whether this applies anywhere in Uzbekistan). You will certainly not be able to buy tickets for July yet.
3 x

lucylou

Post by lucylou »

Has anyone in New Zealand succesfully got tickets online? I'm really wary of leaving it until i get there since we plan a night train trip a day after arriving. But the idea of paying triple through an in-between doesn't sit well.

Our train trips are (i hope the times are correct)
3 May Night train Tashkent to Khiva
5/5 Khiva to Bukhara 1618 to 2233
7/5 Bukahara to Samarkand 1550 to 1720
9/5 Samarkand to Tashkent 1850 to 2058
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

You cannot buy tickets for May yet.
0 x

bertholt

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Post by bertholt »

Yes, it's the registration issue that prevents the purchase of online tickets from the Uzbek Railways Website.
However I was reluctant to create more e-mail adresses, because this could well be a form of corruption.
Think about the travel agents, they cannot be happy about the website. They are loosing part of their business. When you compare prices you'll see it's a considerable amount. So whith the right connections, everything is possible...
0 x

hehehahaxd

Post by hehehahaxd »

Hi all!

I am trying to buy the express train 766Ф from Tashkent to Samarkand departing at 18:50, 15 April and arriving at 20:58 in the website of Uzbekistan railway.

The route of this express train is: Tashkent->Samarkand->Navoiy->Bukhara

However, the site does not show this express train. Previously, I think it is already fully booked or the booking has not started.

But, when I search for the express train from Tashkent to Bukhara, I can find this express train having vacancy and can be booked.

Then I try to search for the express train from Tashkent to Navoiy, and I can still find this express train having vacancy and can be booked.

I have no idea why the train actually has vacancy, but the train from Tashkent to Samarkand is not shown on the site.

I have contacted Advantour and asked if they can help to buy the ticket. They replied "Speed train really used to be on such schedule. Now this train was removed from this route."

However, I can buy the ticket of this express train from Tashkent to Bukara, Samarkand to Bukhara, Tashkent to Navoiy. I just unable to buy the train from Tashkent to Samarkand.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Now I am thinking about buying the ticket from Tashkent to Navoiy in the website but I will take off the train in Samarkand. But I am not sure if I am allowed to do so.

Thanks!
0 x

henrytn

Post by henrytn »

Hi there, we're planning to travel to Uzbekistan from 22-29/08 this year. If we arrive to Tashkent on 20/08 and immediately buy the train tickets in person that day, any chances there will still be empty seats for the trains? Both the Afrosiyob/Sharq trains and the night trains.

Our itinerary is as follows:

22/08 Arrive in the morning, head to station to buy train tickets
23/08 Night train from Tashkent to Bukhara
26/08 Fast train from Bukhara to Samarkand
28/08 Fast train from Samarkand to Tashkent

Otherwise, should we try to buy the tickets via the hostels? Do they charge a big premium to help us buy the tickets usually?

Thank you for your inputs and help!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Yea, it's definitely worth a shot. I wouldn't be able to say either way. Worst case scenario you have to take a slower train or a shared taxi. Not the end of the world either.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D