Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
pignonsurmonde

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

Post by pignonsurmonde »

Also cycling french couple, we've also been both refused without any reasons while picking up our transit visas in Mashhad. The guy had no explanations to give, and he was not really talkative, he just said that we had to take a flight (he was pretty aware of existing flight options: "only to Dushanbe from Mashhad, to Tashkent from Teheran").
The guard outside told us he met several travellers being refused in the last few days, but he didn't know the reasons either.
As the weekly flight to Tashkent is on 31.7 and our Uzbek visa starts on 1.8 we'll try to negociate our entry date with the uzbek consulate tomorrow in Teheran. Otherwise we'll fly from somewhere else as we won't spend 2 more weeks waiting in Iran...
Good luck to all visa hunters! !!
0 x

lesmolletsauvages

Post by lesmolletsauvages »

Small infos
We went yesterday at the turkmen embassy :
- First, don't spend too much time filling the form which is available on caravanistan, they give you an other one there, a bit different, and you have to start again filling it.
- When we tried to ask about this problem of people being refused, they just said "yes, you can be refused, you just have to be aware of it, nothing you can do"
- The only thing he said, it is "Maybe you have more chance if you pick it up in Teheran, more than Mashad, MAYBE"
But it is really not sure I think. We and an other guy from germany tried this option.
They said to come back one week later, on thursday, so we will inform you....

There is a flight from teheran to tashkent every friday with iranairlines, it seems they can take the bicycle...

Two questions if you know :
- Did somebody already tried to call in teheran embassy to know if the visa have been accepted and if it is ready? Do they say it by phone? So that we don t have to come back if it is refused.
- Is it possible that only one person come to pick up visas for two persons with the passports? So that one can stay with the bicycle in other city.
- The same to apply for chinese visa for example, is it possible that only one person on two goes to apply?
Thanks
0 x

cancerspreading

Post by cancerspreading »

Just got Turkenistan transit visa yesterday in Dushanbe. Couple (not married), Lithuanian (EU) passports, 8 days proceeding, transit form Uzbekistan (Farap-Alat) to Iran (Sarakhs-Saraghs). No problems, just showing in embassy after 7 days got told to get back next day. Didn't fill infor about permanent address, places where we are going to stay and for places we want visit wrote just Farap and Sarakhs. Frech cyclist before us got refused, he wanted to exit through Ashgabat, might be becaus of that. I think Farap-Sarakhs is safest bet crossing from Uzbek to Iran.
0 x

AndrewRogerson

Post by AndrewRogerson »

UK Citizen here, applied last week in Dushanbe and asked to pick the visa up at the border. I've received my verification email so I presume all is OK. Same story with a friend of mine who's travelling a couple of days ahead of me. We are hearing a lot of stories of refusal though.
0 x

azidhead

Post by azidhead »

Anyone here who is interested in crossing Afghanistan to Uzbekistan instead of Turkmenistan? My plan is going to herat, fly to Kabul to avoid the bad parts and then by bus or shared taxi to mazar-i-sharif.
I am in Tehran now and hopefully get my Turkmenistan visa on Thursday. If not I am travelling to mashhad and from there to herat. Company would be nice though.
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

I should be interested ..... if I don't have my car...

RR.
0 x

John Buenzli

Post by John Buenzli »

I (Swiss resident) also got refused, randomly. I applied in Tehran and came to Mashhad.
The man couldn't give any reason, I asked several times even in Turkish, he was not very helpful.

azidhead You still will go this way, I might be interested to join you, but I first have to look if I can get a Afghan Visa.
Let me know when you plan to go, I got just refused a few hours ago for turmen tranist visa,
so my plans are still not very well planed, it might change everything anytime...
Good luck to everyone.
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Hi John,
Are you travelling with your car?
RR.
0 x

azidhead

Post by azidhead »

Hi John, send me a PM with your phone number so that we can talk!
0 x

mariadecas

Post by mariadecas »

Just in case it helps

I read in one Forum that las week 2 Spanish were also refused their visa for Turk. in Teheran /Mashad.
They flight to Bisehk on Friday, as it seems there are low cost fligths from Teherán only on Fridays.

If I get to know the price and fly company, I will let you know ...

Good luck everyone with the visas

María
0 x