Pakistan E-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
degroots

Re: Pakistan E-visa Q&A

Post by degroots »

Canadian citizen, applied for and received up to 1 year multiple entry visa (90 day duration). Took 4 business days. Used Lost Horizons for LOI, was asked to submit ID's/licence for tour operator as well. No difficulties.
Last edited by degroots on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

degroots

Post by degroots »

andyoxus wrote:I applied for an e-visa on a Canadian passport recently, and am being told

"Dear applicant You do need to meet the following requirement: Your tour needs to be organized by a tour operator registered with the government of Pakistan and the valid registration license of the tour operator along with the Pakistani ID of the operator needs to be uploaded."

I've replied twice now that I'm an independent tourist not part of a tour, and that requirements for independent tourists (at https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/tourist-visa/) are just hotel reservations, which I've provided, but with no success. Any thoughts on next steps?
I also received the same message. Did you apply for a letter of invitation (LOI)?. I will also be travelling independently, but used Lost Horizons to obtain an LOI ($100 CAD)- which they will also send you the licences/ID's for the tour operator.

Cheers,
Shawn
0 x

bepa66

Post by bepa66 »

Guys,

I will plan to visit Pakistan in July.
I was reading that some people getting e-visa for 1,2,3 or 6 months. (I mean time for entry the country not the length of stay).
Is anyone had situation that received a visa for shorter time then intended date of entry to Pak (if flight tickets provided)?

I just thinking about applying for a visa. But wondering if is it not too early?

Is the price same for different length of stay?
Are they giving only 30 or 90 days visas? (I planning to stay around 35 days)

Thanks,
Bart
0 x

aba

Post by aba »

asked for travel e-visa yesterday for the period 17.4 - 17.5, added booking of a hotel in islamabad, enter wahga exit sost
got 30 day 3 month visa until 19.5 in 24 hours, not bad.
0 x

savvyhitcher

Post by savvyhitcher »

Hey guys. I just want to tell you my experience of getting the Evisa to help other travellers.
I am a young solo traveller from Canada. I applied from the UK.

I applied on February 4th for the Evisa, paid 90 usd asking for a 3 month 1 year multi entry visa.
In my application I said that I was applying from Canada (not UK) , provided refundable bookings from Booking.com as well as a letter from my friend who lives in Karachi (not notarized) and a photocopy of his passport and National ID card. I didn't know if they would ask me for an LOI so I wanted to show that someone there was inviting me to save time and $.

Same day I got an email asking me this: "Dear applicant. please provide the invitation on the stamp paper dully notarized from the notary public as well as complete travel itinerary to process further."

I took screenshots from Google maps of my itinerary + added a short text description of my itinerary, from Karachi to Sost basically, and uploaded it.
I submitted the itinerary but no notarized LOI, I sent them an email telling them that the LOI wasn't even necessary for independent tourists as explained on their website (and they already had the address + ID and passport of my friend inviting me, so why ask for notarization?)

on the 18th of February (14 days later) they sent me this message: "Dear Applicant, you are advised to notarized the invitation from Notary Public to process the case further."

So my friend notarized the letter in Karachi, sent me a photo and I uploaded it to the visa system.

I received the visa today on the 24th but is is single entry 40 days within 3 months. So I am surprised that I didn't get what I paid for despite having provided the documents they wanted. I basically paid 60 usd extra for nothing. But at least I got the visa and I can extend it once in the country.
Bottom line: LOI seems to be required for Canadians, visa processing unusually long, and 1 year multi entry not granted to young solo backpackers ?
1 x

olig

Post by olig »

Hi everyone :roll:
Eye-rolling in the sense I already talked about how easy it was to get my e-visa last September and how a-bit-more-tricky it was to get my extension last November.
Well, it seems that I've applied again :D
If many travelers get that Indian attraction of 'chai chillum chappatti', Pakistan might have its own... 'dal dhamal ...' kind of seduction ? ;) (please help me to find a 3-syllables word in D to complete the expression!)

French passport, asked for a less-than-3-months single entry visa. Planning to enter mid-April. Traveling overland from Wagah to Taftan (from India to Iran).
48 hours ago I got my Iranian visa grant notice. Then I submitted my application for Pakistan. This time I've been super lazy, uploadind only the following documents:
- the ID picture (already used last time)
- passport main page
- 1 hotel booking (in the most expensive hotel in Lahore, haha, can't wait to cancel...)
- the onward visa to Iran (which is actually not the proper visa yet, only the visa grant notice that I need for picking up my visa at the Iranian consulate)

I chose Paris as my referent Pak embassy... even though:
- my previous Pak visa mentioned that I was exiting through Wagah as late as January
- my current application mentioned that I was willing to enter through Wagah as soon as mid-April
- my Iranian visa grant notice mentions that I applied (the day before my Pak application...) from India
And I didn't mention my Indian trip on the list of the 'countries visited through the last 3 years'

Well, just to suggest that Pak authorities don't seem very picky regarding the uploaded documents... and this is for the better!! :)
1 x

mikeweiss

Post by mikeweiss »

Question: can I enter through another airport/border that was not the one I chose when applied for the evisa?
Example: I said I was going to enter through Karachi airport but I prefer entering through Lahore now.
The visa grant pdf itself doesn’t state port of entry.

I’m Portuguese, applied on Feb 07, got a LOI request on Feb 16, submitted the LOI on Feb 24 and got the visa on March 04.
35 usd single entry and 75 usd LOI through Caravanistan

Cheers
0 x

kimomydog

Post by kimomydog »

Hi, everyone!

Applied for a tourist evisa. USA citizen but residing in Germany (with German residency card and all).

Waited about 7 business days and finally got an email saying to come into the Consulate (I put Frankfurt, Germany, in when filling out the forms) for an interview and bring in all the original documents.

Has anyone here been in the interview? What do they ask? Not sure as they aren't asking for any additional documents.

Thanks everyone!
0 x

Kellyhust

Post by Kellyhust »

I have not been able to find this information anywhere, i am a US citizen solo female traveler, are they still taking applications for a tourist e-visa in Pakistan right now with the whole coronavirus situation? I really was planning on getting there by April 19th. Please give me any info, thank you! Lastly should i put something specific under Religion in the visa application for better chances of approval?
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

People are desperate to get seats on the few evacuation planes currently leaving Pakistan and you are really asking this question right now? Wow...
0 x